Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

witness sear question

i purchased a witness limited and it has custom on the slide... looks just like a limited 

took it apart for polishing

purchased a sear from henning , the one that says for witness's and prepped by EGW 

the pistol came with a one piece sear but it has longer horns on it.

like this picture 

Image result for tanfoglio sear

the new one looks like this with no long horn 

IMG_0968 (3).JPG

so in your opinion, ill get a shorter reset and better trigger without  the FBG and using the EGW sear? if im assuming correctly is there anything else i need to do?

and thanks for the wisdom, both of you

The firing pin block doesn't effect the reset like on a CZ, shallow hammer hooks have a lot to do with a short reset as well as tuning the sear surfaces.  I have some sear tuning instructions I've been meaning to re upload since I dropped Photobucket, stay tuned :cheers:

You can get close with sear and hammer hook tuning, but here's the thing - a matched sear and SA hammer hook is going to be impossible without a mill and some kind of fabrication to hold it in place. A trained human professional can't get close to what a machine can do. That being said, you'll induce an unbalanced wear on the sear face and hammer hooks. I'm not saying it won't last... but might as well wait for Patriot Defense to drop the hammer & sear set... it's matched.

Edited by SoCalShooter69