Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

T1 vs T2 comp

GrayR

Hey guys. Got a question based off reading and knowing enough to just get myself in trouble. From everything I'm reading the guns with comps shoot softer with loads that put more gas through them because the comp has more to do. Now that begs the question does a comped gun shoot softer with major power anmo than it would with minor? I'm looking at a new barrel for steel challenge gun and I don't know if the factory ammo through the shorter comp, or the heavier major power ammo through the longer comp would kick less. So people with more experience on this please help! Thanks in advance!

I sure appreciate your suggestion but I'm not so much asking which barrel and comp to use but what's the option with the lowest amount of dot movement? But in the sake of curiosity what do you charge for a barrel with that cut? And yeah I'd love to shoot factory so I didn't have to pick up brass but I want what works best so I'm just trying to get my options straight. Thanks again guys 

9 hours ago, GrayR said:

what's the option with the lowest amount of dot movement?  

The first two responses answered that question :    :) 

Low PF ammo will be softer in your hand, and high PF ammo will move the dot less.

I've shot both in my TruBor, and much prefer the lower PF ammo (PF 145 or so) -

feels much nicer even though the dot does move a little more.   You may prefer

less dot movement and more blast.    :)