Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW Pro Package

mjkten

I know I'd like to send my 75b to their shop and let them install the Pro package, despite my decidedly amateurish shooting...

But I'm wondering how far they can go and stay SSP legal for IDPA.

My questions center around the trigger, hammer and reach reduction kit.

I assume the reach reduction is a no-go, unless I want to go to ESP.

But the trigger and hammer issue confuses me. 

Are the typical hammer and trigger used for this package found on other factory CZ's and therefore legal?

You should consider doing the Pro Package yourself! You will learn a lot about the functionality of your gun and it can be done in about a day. I’ve helped friends do theirs, and it takes me about 2-3 hours. 

Ask for the Production Legal Package and you will be okay for IDPA SSP and USPSA Production Legal. You’ll get a CZ-UB Competition Hammer and a 85C Trigger, which are all SSP And Production Legal parts. If you get the 85C Trigger with the pretravel screw, don’t use it/set the pretravel screw as it’s not production Legal. The overtravel is okay to use.

Don’t get the Cajun Race Hammer if you intend to shoot in SSP, it’s made by Cajun and isn’t SSP 

legal (it is ESP legal, and USPSA Production Legal according to the DNROI ruling.)

As for the Reduced Reach Kit, the kit is perfectly legal, as it is a all internal mod; with the T2 disconnector and the firing pin block lifter. 

Edited by SouperMan

Not sure where you are but see if you have a local person to fall back on if you have issues. I installed the pro package and am not competing IDPA so I chose the race hammer and like the profile better than the CZC hammer. The trigger behaves different than my CZC Shadow Target does and I'm not sure it is because of my install or because it is supposed to be that way. For that reason I am likely going to let the local gunsmith who worked on the CZs for the local range team take a look at it and see if he can't get it where I feel more comfortable. I'm sure it is literally just a matter of passing one part over a stone or something simple to remove a burr I may not have seen.