Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo for competitions

Medicaptain

I've been shooting the Performance Center 5" for the last several weeks in Steel Challenge and USPSA but do it more for fun. With that said, I've been using Fiocchi 115gr that I buy in bulk for less than $10 a box.  If I can't find the Fiocchi I'll buy what ever is the cheapest brass ammo I can find. Other guys I've spoken to do the same.

minuteman munitions makes a 900fps 147 grain reman load. If you buy it 1k at a time its around 10 bucks a box. From what I've shot of it, its god quality and makes minor pf. Very soft recoiling ammo. Works in my performance model with apex barrel without issue.

Again,   great information everyone thank you.

Anyone have any experience with the 115g Fiocchi Perfect rounds?....1k for under $200 shipped is a pretty good deal....(luckygunner.com)

I intend to shoot nearly everyday for the next month so I will definitely go through it all

On another note:  I am looking for M&P accessories (magwells, holsters, mag pouches and extensions etc)./..I don't want to start another thread and be "that guy" but am curious what you all have found to be a quick and reliable website for this stuff......

Your overthinking the ammo.  Just get the cheapest you can find. In my experience with both my M&P 9mm, they will shoot everything including spitballs (not really but you get the point). 

Just now, ramnj said:

Your overthinking the ammo.  Just get the cheapest you can find. In my experience with both my M&P 9mm, they will shoot everything including spitballs (not really but you get the point). 

yes i do...thanks

I was using LAXAmmo reloads and they were really good. Only using past tense as I'm starting to reload now. Real inexpensive and never had a single issue. I buy my mags from a place called Quantico tactical. I believe they ship and they're the least expensive I've seen, I think 3 for 72 or some such. 

On 7/12/2017 at 3:54 PM, ramnj said:

And you were VERY right....I shot 4 kinds of ammo and WWB 115g was actually the best of the bunch

21 hours ago, Medicaptain said:

And you were VERY right....I shot 4 kinds of ammo and WWB 115g was actually the best of the bunch

I have used a TON of WWB 9mm in my M&P's and they love the stuff.

A trip to Wallyworld is my back up when I don't have time to load some stuff up ahead of time.