Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well, I am depressed......

MikieM

This afternoon I began to take my new Stock II Xtreme apart to fit up a BOLO, and install a different hammer spring, and as I pulled the left-side safety from the frame the detent ball fell out onto my work bench. It's like that genie out of the bottle thing. You can't put it back.

I suppose I'll give EAA a call tomorrow and see if this kind of thing is covered by warranty. I've had it less than a month and it has yet to be fired. 

Should I tell them about the BOLO, or dummy-up.

Talked to the folks at EAA. They said that safety detents don't fall out. That they're staked in at the factory.

I wanted to tell them that the guy who staked mine must have had too much wine and Prosciutto for lunch because mine fell out on my workbench. But I didn't.

They said they'd fix it if I sent the gun in. I said no Grazie.

I just now ordered a new ambi-safety from PD, and I'll have to settle for black and not silver.

"Quel che sara sara." :blink: 

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

They won't let you send just the safety in and mail a replacement?

Sad. Also typical of EAA.

Nope. And, the really frustrating thing about this is the gun is their top-of-the-line model. The Xtreme. 

It's my last Tanfo.

2 minutes ago, MikieM said:

I haven't checked, but they don't offer it on their website. 

I've seen it on other web sites, if I was you I would ask before assuming it can't be gotten, the black one is not going to look right on the Xtreme model IMO.

I tried to buy the extreme  safety from eaa as was told it wasn't available. I ended up buying  the black set  and having  it hard chromed. Matched perfectly  to the factory  HC on my Elite. 

Also having  dealt  with eaa and having  a similar  experience. I believe they count on a Lot of people  not sending  there guns in. Kinda of a deterrent  that saves  them money. At least they didn't tell you "so you installed  an aftermarket  part ( Dawson sight) and broke  your gun and now want me (eaa) to fix it"

And refused to look at the slide unless  I sent the whole gun !

21 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

I've seen it on other web sites, if I was you I would ask before assuming it can't be gotten, the black one is not going to look right on the Xtreme model IMO.

Well, gee. I feel much better now.

What other websites might they be. 

3 minutes ago, 01Deuce said:

Do you have any interest  in the larger Elite/Gold team saftey?

20170712_100341.jpg

I saw those at a couple of places, but no I wouldn't. I'd rather keep it bone stock so I can sell it.

Phase 1 was just now completed, in restoring my new Tanfo X to it's original unfired glory, by fitting up a new safety. With the BOLO I installed last week, and a 13 pound hammer spring, the gun now functions perfectly. 

Phase 2 will be seeing if Metaloy can hard chrome the new safety to match the old one. If they can then all will be well.

Phase 3 will be a move to Del Boca Vista Phase 3, if all this throws craps.

P.S. I am never speaking to EAA ,or Tanfoglio (Italy) again.

P.S.S. Thanks goes out to Joe and Joanna for all their help. 

An update.

Will be taking the newly fitted safety, and slide stop, down to Metaloy Ind., in Berryville, Arkansas, for hard chroming, come Tuesday.

While I'm there I think I'll go out to the range were me, Bill, Ross, John, Mike, and all the guys used to shoot when we were kids.

Edited by MikieM

On 07/22/2017 at 4:29 AM, MikieM said:

Memphis, or John, or Joe, would know for sure, but I'm thinking it would fit all large frame Tanfos.

Will fit. They all interchange. That same one (from a lim pro) is on my Match, the lim pro has S2 ambi. 

• 2 weeks later...

Got a package from Tanfoglio. It came all the way from Brescia, Italy. It was a new safety.

The problem is it's the wrong safety. For some damn reason they sent me an ambi-safety for an Elite/Gold. In my original email I specifically informed them that my gun was a Witness Stock II Xtreme. A gun I'm sure they are familiar with.

I'd better not say anything else or Sarge will bust my chops for bad mouthing them.