Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Competion

All,

First of all I wish all of of you happiness & the best of health.  As normal based on my previous responses to comments pertaining to NRA Pistol competition (Bianchi Cup), I have had not (1) ONE response, if my ego was involved, I would be extremely upset, since its not, I find it very sad not (1) one of you would even comment on my response.  

Number one:  NRA Action Pistol ranks very low on the number of NRA members that actually pull triggers, the Director of Law Enforcement Activities - Glen Hoyer promoted his program & his employees, he has a program that continues to shrink, but he actually tries to make it grow, his staff currently has the authority to solicit sponsors and supporters.

In 2012 everyone at the NRA in Fairfax was jealous of the success of NRA Action Pistol & they were looking how to ride the success train.  Mike Krei (Director of Competitions) understood this & realized the impact for the Competitions Division, he stopped all interference from NRA money raisers which let the Bianchi Cup grow to where is was in 2013-14.  The NRA Bianchi Cup was on the fast track to worldwide coverage, what happened next is a shame.

The NRA decided to remove some top level personnel and they added Kyle Weaver & Dennis Willing to the mix, (Kyle has since been fired & replaced, Dennis just retired) if any of you think it was a demotion, I am sorry they are both sitting at home enjoying membership money).

I have moved on from the NRA for various reasons, I have nothing to lose so I am going to write what my mind suggests & what my eyes have seen, not for my benefit but hopefully the benefit of members, especially if they are members.  

The Pistol Department needs a leader, right now it does not have one, when I resigned Dennis Willing locked down the Pistol Department Manager position, he did this for a few reasons;  Damien Orsinger was not qualified & he he did not want anyone questioning his decisions.  I agree that Damien was not qualified, his reputation & job performance was sub-par from year one.  On the other hand Damien did whatever Dennis wanted, that is where we are are today,

The Pistol & Action Pistol Committees NEED new members, most of the people on the committees are there because the NRA Board need to put them somewhere..  Dwight Van Horn is not a friend of NRA Action Pistol, all of you saw what he allowed to happen in 2016. The NRA Action Pistol Committee is one of the rare committees that controls the program it oversees, any changes that were made in 2016 to now was approved by Dwight and his cronies. There are members on the side on Action Pistol & Pistol Committees but they are few, I would recommend Brian Zins, Greg Davis, Tim Pawol & Don Golembieski, I was always impressed by Joe DeBergalis, but his recent appointment to the NRA Senior Staff makes me question my resolve.

Here is the bottom line, the NRA as it is stand today, is NOT a supporter of the Bianchi Cup & or any Pistol Competition, the(NRA Action & Pistol Committees) need to be replaced and filled with competitors that compete or have supported that type competition. Not people that want to be on the NRA Board.

I worked faithfully for the NRA for 7 plus years, I was the only Manager that was accredited with growth of a National Championship, I was a recipient of the NRA President's Award 2 years in a row. This all changed when Dennis Willing & Kyle Weaver came into the Pistol Competitions arena, sponsorship was given to a new department at the NRA, Dennis made himself Match Director of all Pistol National Championships, sponsorships dropped, attendance and all media coverage dropped.

The NRA to this day has NOT received (1) one letter disagreeing with the way the NRA is going. Based on the comments on my post, this is extremely clear.  They certainly never received a letter about my job performance or the lack of.

Unless all of you competitors (Action Pistol & Pistol) come together to grow the sport, it will surely die, the NRA does not care, it is a money issue to them.  They are more than happy to take the money from Sig Sauer & who ever is left and give you pennies,

Thanks for the run down - always nice to get this type of information directly

from the "horse's mouth"    :)

You should try to get some sleep - posting this a 4:00 a.m. ???   Should have

slept in, and posted it at 7:00 a.m.      :)

Some good suggestions for us to think about - again, thanks for the insight.    :bow: