Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DK Gen3/4 wired stuff

mwx40x40

I took a brand new DK trigger kit for Gen3 G34 swapped ejector housing with Gen4 and dropped in my Gen4 G34. Shot 100 rounds just fine. Got home and was playing around dry firing and noticed a strange anomaly. If I rack the slide once striker resets and pull of trigger releases it. If I rack the slide multiple times pretty fast, trigger does not release striker and usually the safety plunger in trigger feels weird. I played with the over travel and pretravel , but never was able to completely get rid of this issue. Any idea what's happening?

It was a lightened striker that came with it. 

If you just rack slide once trigger resets and striker releases fine. Rack the slide back and forth several times and nothing.

it had two striker springs with it and I put the lightest one in and it lights off CCI spp just fine.

l'm currently running factory recoil spring if that matters any

Check sear engagement. Try racking slide slowly while pulling up on slide with trigger depressed. If sear engagement on striker leg is inadequate, the striker will release when you release the trigger. Have you live fired without going full auto?

21 minutes ago, Jager1147 said:

Check sear engagement. Try racking slide slowly while pulling up on slide with trigger depressed. If sear engagement on striker leg is inadequate, the striker will release when you release the trigger. Have you live fired without going full auto?

Yes ,installed trigger ,ran to range and ran close to 100 rounds without issue. , I'll try thesear test you mentioned and see how that goes. If striker does release, how do you correct?

18 hours ago, Jager1147 said:

Did the sear test and it checked out ok

Not sure I understand.  When you violently rack your slide a couple of times does it reset?  Or do you get a dead trigger?  Can you clarify what you mean by "does not release the striker"?

As an aside.  A warning - if you put in a STOCK Gen 4 housing in a DK trigger that has pre-travel reduction capability.  You have now deactivated your drop safety.  DK provides a modified housing with his full kits.

May just be simpler to just contact DK.

6 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

Not sure I understand.  When you violently rack your slide a couple of times does it reset?  Or do you get a dead trigger?  Can you clarify what you mean by "does not release the striker"?

As an aside.  A warning - if you put in a STOCK Gen 4 housing in a DK trigger that has pre-travel reduction capability.  You have now deactivated your drop safety.  DK provides a modified housing with his full kits.

May just be simpler to just contact DK.

when I pull the trigger the safety plunger in the trigger feels hard then the trigger releases , but does not release striker , best I can tell. I have now gone from bad to worse. No matter what I do I cannot get the trigger to release striker at all. I thought is might be over travel , but adjust this has not made a difference. I believe you may be right about the Gen 4 housing. It is stock. I have an email in to Daniel just waiting on reply. 

However, I think I am going to pull it all out and put in a Gen 3 I have and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply

1 hour ago, mwx40x40 said:

when I pull the trigger the safety plunger in the trigger feels hard then the trigger releases , but does not release striker , best I can tell. I have now gone from bad to worse. No matter what I do I cannot get the trigger to release striker at all. I thought is might be over travel , but adjust this has not made a difference. I believe you may be right about the Gen 4 housing. It is stock. I have an email in to Daniel just waiting on reply. 

However, I think I am going to pull it all out and put in a Gen 3 I have and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply

Winner winner, chicken dinner. Pulled out of Gen 4 , replaced the orginal gen3 DK housing , dropped in Gen 3 . Everything works as it should. A little take up , very little overtravel and a hair under 3#'s

1 hour ago, Dieselvrr said:

I guess thats the difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 kit...good to know!

Yes, I did not realize the housing was modified as well. This is my second DK trigger, and I really like the way they feel. Mostly the short take up.

LoL, on a side note , just noticed my typo in the title of this thread "wired" , meant "weird"

Edited by mwx40x40