Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Build New Frontier Arms

How did you figure out to do this? Did you have an opthomologist that was a shooter? Would you change anything about the way yours are set up?

There is a saying about "Old age and treachery..."

Edited by L9X25

1911Luvr...at one time I was fairly competitive with a single stack, but suffer from a pretty bad astigmatism...,over the years I've tried prescription poly carbonate safety glasses, which didn't work I believe due to difference in optical density trying to use my regular lens prescription... prescription inserts with wrap around poly carbonate... near prescription in the upper portion of my glasses and had to tilt head... and none were satisfactory... a friend commented that he had both near and far contact lens so he could work on transmissions at his job (he incidentally  won Super Senior PCC at the Optic Nationals), and the idea was born...  a shooter friend that was an optician,  and his opthamologist had me bring my pistol into the office to get the correct distance measurement... we had previously moved the partition line up in my regular bi focals to help me read my class roll book... and added that to the mono vision glasses... I use these glasses when I shoot open sights, but the standard bi focal with the partition line up when I shoot shotgun or PCC... the SPARC just works out for me... most red dots do not

(I've known L9x25 for about 20 years, and he tries to keep me honest)