Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Build New Frontier Arms

Jerry... my PCC is a New Frontier Armory billet lower with an A1 stock ... I use their modular bolt with the AR 5.56 style extractor, in a Palmetto State Armory upper (throat reamed)... my original NFA blue steel firing pin broke at about 400 rounds... they immediately replaced it with a stainless version (that I rounded the end of ) and has been working fine for over 4000 rounds....

Just put together the NFA upper sidecharger with matching lower LRBHO59630eeda832e_NFAPCC.JPG.7832d130432192e6805c6c24eceb6612.JPG, t

The Hiperfire trigger and KAK 7.5 buffer are running fine, test fired 7 different powders and find it runs best at 1000- 1050 feet per second, smooth no hiccups. Under 900 fps cycling gets erratic, other wise its has been a fine system nice quality. 

Curious about the JP springless system though, maybe some more testing with a heavier buffer...

Edited by Ofishl1
On 7/10/2017 at 5:49 AM, Les Snyder said:

Ofishl1... when you go heavy, keep an eye on the amount of battering to the bolt face and barrel

Will do...thx!

On 7/10/2017 at 5:49 AM, Les Snyder said:

Ofishl1... when you go heavy, keep an eye on the amount of battering to the bolt face and barrel

How did it go?

Jerry... if you are considering a red dot that use a tubular battery like a AAA that is in-line with the bore, the added recoil of the blow back 9mm may cause problems....a friend had problems with the factory battery spring allowing the battery to move, momentarily losing contact... causing fluctuation of the dot....I haven't had any problems with the 2032 style coin batteries in my SPARC or Spitfire

2 hours ago, Les Snyder said:

Jerry... if you are considering a red dot that use a tubular battery like a AAA that is in-line with the bore, the added recoil of the blow back 9mm may cause problems....a friend had problems with the factory battery spring allowing the battery to move, momentarily losing contact... causing fluctuation of the dot....I haven't had any problems with the 2032 style coin batteries in my SPARC or Spitfire

Thanks Less im looking at Dots on Internet now for on with a in-line battery

I'm very happy with my Vortex SPARC and Spitfire... the SPARC is a single dot that is spherical even with my pretty bad astigmatism... the Spitfire is busy with the extra concentric ring, but etched to the prism so is not dependent on illumination for an aim point

I'm very happy with my Vortex SPARC and Spitfire... the SPARC is a single dot that is spherical even with my pretty bad astigmatism... the Spitfire is busy with the extra concentric ring, but etched to the prism so is not dependent on illumination for an aim point

Mine must be worse because both of my Sparcs flare when I look at the dot. The C-more Railway and RTS2 don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911luvr....for open sights I use mono vision glasses with my near prescription in the entire lens of my dominant eye, and regular bifocal in the non dominant, just with the partition line moved up a couple of millimeters... for PCC just the regular bifocal... I get a spherical dot with the SPARC with the upper distant lens portion, but some flaring with the near vision lower portion...

1911luvr....for open sights I use mono vision glasses with my near prescription in the entire lens of my dominant eye, and regular bifocal in the non dominant, just with the partition line moved up a couple of millimeters... for PCC just the regular bifocal... I get a spherical dot with the SPARC with the upper distant lens portion, but some flaring with the near vision lower portion...

How did you figure out to do this? Did you have an opthomologist that was a shooter? Would you change anything about the way yours are set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk