Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cover garment

mjkten

As an absolute beginner in IDPA, I have participated in one event, a classifier.

That did not require a cover garment, so I didn't get one for that.

Much of the discussion I've read recommends vests that are no longer being made, or the company is not taking orders.

I bought a Duluth Trading Company vest and it is too short to cover.

So I'm looking for a recommendation.

The 5.11 vest seems available everywhere. Is the Taclite version better for hot weather?

Thanks,

Mike.

A vest is nicer than a shirt because if you carry your Barney mag and light in the pockets they help the swing of the fabric on the draw and reload.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe I know what the Barney mag is, but the loading scheme and reloading are something I'm going to have to learn and practice. The classifier seemed to be load 6, reload from slidelock...and repeat. Ignorance is not bliss. 

The 5.11 Taclite vest arrived today.  Very nice.  Heavy enough to swing out of the way,  long enough to cover.  Enough pockets to,  uh, carry everything.  Better not wear it in public,  my wife would transfer the contents of her purse to me..

• 1 month later...
Been running this vest for the past year and like it. this is only my 3rd vest I've used shooting idpa 16 years. 1st Cabelas then Columbia for the past 6 years.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AXIUE6E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How long is that vest compared to the 5.11 or Casale's Safari vest? Can't find a pic with someone wearing it.
Thanks,
-Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:26 AM, Cuz said:

How long is that vest compared to the 5.11 or Casale's Safari vest? Can't find a pic with someone wearing it.
Thanks,
-Cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several videos of me shooting here on FB. Covers the gun fine. 5.11 and Cabelas was to heavy for me..

Greg Brose Bxst-Idpa Training and Match Page

https://www.facebook.com/Gmancdp/

Edited by GmanCdp

Huh, .....

I cut the sleeves off a Flannel shirt. Been using it for years.

I'm not Kidding. I received a few compliments from RO's at the state match this year...... something about Cable Guy?

But I'm a true George Carlin Non-conformist.

17 minutes ago, WaJim said:

Huh, .....

I cut the sleeves off a Flannel shirt. Been using it for years.

I'm not Kidding. I received a few compliments from RO's at the state match this year...... something about Cable Guy?

But I'm a true George Carlin Non-conformist.

Definitely Larry the Cable Guy, but you're in better shape :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...