Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC magwell and what base pads for G24?

B_RAD

I'm running a ICE magwell with TTI extensions. I had to notch the inside of the magwell to clear the extension pins so if the SJC magwell is similar you may consider Dawson extensions instead. 

45 minutes ago, 858 said:

I'm running a ICE magwell with TTI extensions. I had to notch the inside of the magwell to clear the extension pins so if the SJC magwell is similar you may consider Dawson extensions instead. 

Thank you. That's what I'll probably do. The Dawson weighs about 3oz less but oh well. 

5 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Guess everyone here is shooting production?

No, I shoot a 24 in Limited.  But I'm using a Dawson Super Heavy magwell.  I've never tried the SJC.  I like the Dawson magwell, works well.  I use both Dawson and TTI extensions.  The Dawson extensions obviously work fine with the Dawson magwell.  The TTI extensions work fine too, but when you insert them the magwell will press the pin about halfway down; has yet to be an issue for me though, the basepads still stay in place fine.

12 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

No, I shoot a 24 in Limited.  But I'm using a Dawson Super Heavy magwell.  I've never tried the SJC.  I like the Dawson magwell, works well.  I use both Dawson and TTI extensions.  The Dawson extensions obviously work fine with the Dawson magwell.  The TTI extensions work fine too, but when you insert them the magwell will press the pin about halfway down; has yet to be an issue for me though, the basepads still stay in place fine.

Not sure if want the supper heavy or the heavy with inserts. 

On another note, you using tungsten guide rod?

Im gonna buy one to go with the SJC weight to add some weight up front. 

I've seen the ICE magwells and it looks to me like the magwell opening is a bit bigger on the Super Heavy one.  But I've never tried the ICE one myself.

I've never tried a tungsten guide rod or frame weight.  I really don't feel the need for the frame weight and then having to deal with getting a new holster.

I'm using a full length stainless guide rod that I found online somewhere.  These things are impossible to find as no one seems to be currently making them.  It extends nearly to the front of the slide.  I've been talking to Billy at Jager for months now about making some more.  He said he would, but hasn't made them yet so I'm hoping soon.  I'd like one for my 17L and a spare.