Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip sizes?

Wesquire

33 minutes ago, Wesquire said:

Can anyone list the available grips in order from thinnest to largest? I currently have the Xtreme grips. Are there any smaller grips available?

If you need smaller than the Xtreme your out of luck........next option would be removing the grips and holding onto the frame.......

20 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

If you need smaller than the Xtreme your out of luck........next option would be removing the grips and holding onto the frame.......

Well, I like to use grip tape. Bare xtreme grips are perfect, but they are a tad big with grip tape.

2 hours ago, Wesquire said:

Can anyone list the available grips in order from thinnest to largest? I currently have the Xtreme grips. Are there any smaller grips available?

The Henning contour grips feel "slightly" thinner than the Xtreme grips, but just barely.

25 minutes ago, Tanfastic said:

"Feel" is subjective of course, and I think the Henning's "feel" thinner, mostly due to the thumb channel cutout on the left grip.

This is crazy talk. Measure them. The Hennings are like twice as thick

Finally got a chance to measure the grips when my buddy dropped by who had borrowed the Henning grips.  The Xtreme grips are indeed narrower by .06" at the palm, .03" at the thumb.  I stand corrected, sorry for posting factually incorrect information. 

Grip_Henning1.JPG

Grip_Henning2.JPG

Grip_Xtreme1.JPG

Grip_Xtreme2.JPG

I would have thought they were even smaller than that. They feel tiny to me. Unusable actually. The Hennings fell good, although I could do without the thumb cutout. The Patriot ones are pretty hot also 

On 7/4/2017 at 2:49 PM, Wesquire said:

I haven't done any scientific measuring but I would almost bet the ssi scale 2.0s may be the thinnest. They have a smaller palm swell than factory and are the thinnest where you need them to be up top to help with trigger reach. 

9 hours ago, rootacres said:

I haven't done any scientific measuring but I would almost bet the ssi scale 2.0s may be the thinnest. They have a smaller palm swell than factory and are the thinnest where you need them to be up top to help with trigger reach. 

I'm currently run Henning grips and just got some SSI 2.0 to try last night in dry fire. My first impression is that I don't feel it's that different from Henning. The grip ergo is slightly different as my weak hand is closer and touching the thumb safety whereas it didn't touch with the Henning.

9 hours ago, rootacres said:

EGDs are definitely thinner than Scales.

Scales and Hennings, I agree, are overall quite similar in thickness. Scales are thinner up top, but slightly larger at the bottom.

I decided to stick with the Xtreme grips and just use liquid grip. Really liking that combination. Have the traction of grip tape and the fit is perfect for me. I really can't imagine why anyone would want something tackier like Progrip. 

5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

EGDs are definitely thinner than Scales.

Scales and Hennings, I agree, are overall quite similar in thickness. Scales are thinner up top, but slightly larger at the bottom.

Agreed, they have a little palm swell at the bottom but are thinner at the top. Helps me a little with trigger reach. 

4 hours ago, Wesquire said:

I decided to stick with the Xtreme grips and just use liquid grip. Really liking that combination. Have the traction of grip tape and the fit is perfect for me. I really can't imagine why anyone would want something tackier like Progrip. 

Same here, Xtreme grips and ProGrip.  I didn't mind the Hennings either, but with small hands I find the trigger reach to be more conducive to a good first shot with the thinner grips.

• 2 weeks later...

thank you, tanfastic. Until now, it was widely noted to be thinner than henning grips, but actual width was hard to come by. For  the sake of achieving (the pictures may not host forever), the width of the EG grips were ~1.122 inches top and bottom, with perhaps only small variations due to fitting, and measurement accuracy of the caliper.

with this in mind, is it a 100% fair statement that the EG grips fit "flush to frame" so to speak? 

Better yet, install a small rubber O-ring under the grip on top of the frame. Works great. That plus loctite finally stopped my Hennings and scales from shifting.

The Patriot grips being plastic have some compressibility and that aids greatly in screw retention. I installed them with a drop of blue loctite and they haven't shifted once.