Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strike Eagle 1-8

Shaky Dave

A 3 gun buddy has one, shot it in4-5 matches this year out to 200 yds.. he said his has never been higher than 5x... I looked at it/through it.  Seems like same quality as the 1-6... I'd say if your shooting under 200-250 yds you won't NEED it but it will make it a bit better for load development if you hand load for your rifle.  If you already have a load, or don't shoot much over 200 yds. I think the 1-6 is plenty... just my .02

The reticle is different with the dot. Depending on if you like that or not would be the deciding factor. For me the dot wasn't clear but I have an astigmatism so that's why. My buddy likes it. Im glad I went with the razor lol

So I had a chance to get mine zeroed in today.  I like the glass and the reticle.  I don't see the need for 8x power on a AR platform, but having it shouldn't hurt.  Zeroed in nicely at 50, just need to confirm it at 200.  

I like the fact that this was built with a 200 yard zero in mind. 

the bdc is built to be used at 8x with subtensions used in reticle being sfp.  what is the plan for those of you that say you aren't planning on using it at the full 8x?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2017 at 4:57 PM, Steve RA said:

You can always shoot groups - 3 rounds should do - at different distances with different power settings  and see exactly what happens.

You can also plug your data into Strelok+ or Pro.  It will give you the values for holdovers at different magnification.

51 minutes ago, Vespid_Wasp said:

You can also plug your data into Strelok+ or Pro.  It will give you the values for holdovers at different magnification.

that would work well as long as you aren't changing magnification during stages.  It's easy to throw your lever to 8x, harder to be sure you stopped at exactly 5 or 6. 

I run a 300 yard zero, so the first cross hair is on no matter what distance or what power.  On targets further than 200 I use the highest power setting so the follow up hash marks match and the targets are easier to see. 

:cheers: