Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Photobucket Shakedown

kneelingatlas

I've been hosting my photos for free on Photobucket since 2011, I put up with an obnoxious amount of popups because nothing's really free but then last week they change their terms and cut off third party hosing!  They tell me I have to upgrade my account to restore the 945 photos I have shared all over this forum; alright how much? $50? $100? Not even close, they want $400/yr!  That is until they decide they want more right?!?

• 1 month later...

I've jumped to Flickr. 

I cannot fathom what PhotoBucket was thinking. "Hey guys, lets screw our long-term customer base as hard as possible! OOOOO! I know! Lets also change the TOS so that the PRIMARY THING they've used our site for up until now is now 'illegal!' Surely, everyone will feel bad and shell out a $400 ranso- err, usage fee!"

I tried to delete my PB account and the "buttons" wouldn't work.  

I deleted my photos and walked away.  They keep sending me e-mails every couple of weeks telling me I have to pay the fee to share my photos.  I was sending back a reply to delete my account but they won't do it. 

I'll never got back to PB even if they sent out e-mails tomorrow saying it was a big mistake and I can have everything the way it used to be.

Site functionality was going south anyway at PB.  Sometimes I'd check it two or three times before I could upload photos or copy photos to a forum.  It was locking up or just not working to edit photos.

You can just do it directly from your computer, no need to use a site.  Just go down to choose files in lower left and click on it.  You may only use 1.95MB (or smaller) so you might have to downsize the pic you want to post.  You just do that on the computer also.