Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon upgrades printed on 3D printer

My buddy just ran first parts on his 3D printer for us and I must say they came out awesome. It's only the plastic tabs for the shell plate pins, but wow came out great. Guy on eBay sells them for 8-9 bucks. To make 16 tabs 8 for both of us cost .12 cents. Next up is live primer chute with a drop box that slides out with the primers in it. Guy on line designed it and put plans out. It looks like the uniquetech chute but with the little catch box pretty cool. This printer just amazes me how good parts came out for pennies when I know I have the utek chute I paid 20 bucks for and my filament is dillon blue matches press. 

Yep. Download and print. So much out there. They even have a guy with plans for a bullet feeder almost identical to mbf. Me and buddy got a diy kit from a co for 150 for the printer. Its equivalent to a 1000-1200 printer. That's they catch you have to build it. Took a little bit but it's really nice and s fraction of the price of one. 

3 hours ago, bubbadoc said:

Resistance is futile.  I had been holding off on buying one... think my excuses have just been eliminated.  So I will be spending time the next couple of days shopping around

Anet A8 is what we got. It's a diy $150. Its as good as 1000-1500 printer. And the structural upgrades makes it better. No upgrades yet. It's not hard to set up. Shoot me a pm I'll text you pics. 

Anet A8 is a great little printer for the price with a price you could not get anything couple of years ago. Basic Anet A8 has acrylic frame, however there are some project ongoing to offer water cut metal parts to replace standard parts. You can print many updates to this printer and it has great community. With E3D V6 mod you can speed up printing. 

However kit is a little bit challenging and you might have some missing parts and issues. If you want auto leveling, you have to flash to Marlin(skynet) firmware. If you want to print and not fiddle, just buy original Prusa. 

On 7/7/2017 at 1:18 AM, Kema said:

Anet A8 is a great little printer for the price with a price you could not get anything couple of years ago. Basic Anet A8 has acrylic frame, however there are some project ongoing to offer water cut metal parts to replace standard parts. You can print many updates to this printer and it has great community. With E3D V6 mod you can speed up printing. 

However kit is a little bit challenging and you might have some missing parts and issues. If you want auto leveling, you have to flash to Marlin(skynet) firmware. If you want to print and not fiddle, just buy original Prusa. 

I don't know about that last line, printing with out any fiddling doesn't exist IMO lol almost always seems to be some issue with any 3d printer 

4 hours ago, Wolfmetalfab said:

I don't know about that last line, printing with out any fiddling doesn't exist IMO lol almost always seems to be some issue with any 3d printer 

Agreed :) 3D printing isn't there yet. 

I haven't looked, but I will be looking by Monday, have tracking numbers for my new 650 so I'll be loading some PLA up and the 3d printer is going to be making some parts for sure 

If I find anything I'll post up links here 

8 hours ago, njl said:

It looks like there are files for making Dillon toolheads and powder dies. Are 3D printed parts really tough enough to hold up in those applications?

From what I have seen from this one I'd say no. Mine is capable of print metal but I don't know if I'll be doing that. The plastic wouldn't hold up as a toolhead or funnel