Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Definition/Description of "Bagged"

redfisher

38 minutes ago, Gary Stevens said:

Nope, nice try though:)

We have to block that trigger. Perhaps, gorilla tape could substitute.

I see a market for tiny kydex trigger guard clips/covers

So if I read this right all I have to do is cover the trigger and I can walk around with the pistol/revolver in hand and if I have the trigger covered and it falls out of my holster but I have a separate attachment on the trigger and it is covered I can pick it up without an RO? :D

1 hour ago, revoman said:

So if I read this right all I have to do is cover the trigger and I can walk around with the pistol/revolver in hand and if I have the trigger covered and it falls out of my holster but I have a separate attachment on the trigger and it is covered I can pick it up without an RO? :D

No and no

1. 5.2.1  Carry and Storage – Except when within the boundaries of a safety area, or when under the supervision and direct command of a Range Officer, competitors must carry their handguns unloaded in a gun case, gun bag or in a holster securely attached to a belt on their person (see Rule 10.5.1).

A competitor who, while not at a safety area or under RO

supervision, removes their holster or their equipment belt with their handgun still in the holster, shall be considered to be in violation of

Rule 5.2.1 and subject to disqualification from the match. 

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

No and no

1. 5.2.1  Carry and Storage – Except when within the boundaries of a safety area, or when under the supervision and direct command of a Range Officer, competitors must carry their handguns unloaded in a gun case, gun bag or in a holster securely attached to a belt on their person (see Rule 10.5.1).

A competitor who, while not at a safety area or under RO

supervision, removes their holster or their equipment belt with their handgun still in the holster, shall be considered to be in violation of

Rule 5.2.1 and subject to disqualification from the match. 

Just yanking chains and speaking of yanking chains does Velcro suffice for a zipper?

1 hour ago, revoman said:

Just yanking chains and speaking of yanking chains does Velcro suffice for a zipper?

I know. But you KNOW somebody read that and thought it could be ok. lol

I think Velcro is better than zippers if it's good quality

2 hours ago, JAFO said:

What, like these?

kydex_trigger_guard_holster.jpg

Exactly. Gun still has to be bagged or holstered but that would eliminate the need for a bag closure mechanism no?