Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use the Geissele SD3G trigger?

tenchu74

I have a Geissele G2S trigger in my 3 gun rifle now and was looking to upgrade to a faster trigger.  The reviews of he Geissele Super Dynamic 3gun trigger seem favorable and i can get it for under $200 on sale.  Has anyone used this trigger and what are your opinions of it for 3gun competition.  I shoot mainly under 200yrds and alot of hoser stages.  Any other options i should look at enstead for $200 or under?  Thanks.

I've tried them and didn't like them at all. It felt like a tuned up AK trigger I have, or kind of like a really short travel DA revolver trigger. I wouldn't want one for bay stuff but I would hate to have to be stuck with that pull on any precision shots. 

That was my first aftermarket trigger when I started shooting 3gun. It's far better than a mil-spec but it didn't take me long to realize there are many more much better triggers out there for what I wanted it for. The CMC is a fantastic trigger and probably the best $4$ spent on one. Many like the AR gold but I chose to run the rise armament 535 and couple be happier with it. Built a new rifle this year and the trigger was one part I didn't even put thought into and got a 2nd 535. 

I have a SD3G. It's great on hoser stuff but definitely a compromise on accuracy work. The reset is phenomenal but that's about it. 

It depends on what you want it for. 

Ok at $180, which is what I paid for mine last year on a primary arms sale.

I have one that I picked up off a prize table.  I've been using it for a little over a year and it's worked fine for me.  I'm not a trigger snob though and would agree with the complaints listed above.  Bottom line it's not bad enough for me to pay to switch but if I get a more crisp single stage off of a prize table or in a raffle I'll swap it out.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great trigger if you like more of a rolling break.  I like a crisp break so it wasn't for me but the reset is nice.  

I like the crispness ness of the cmc but I've had a couple times where it didn't reset fast enough for me.  

never tried the SD3G but I have a SSAE and like it. not sure if thats helpful though lol.. I looked at the SD3G and talk to a couple people about it but it was suggest that I would probably enjoy the SSAE more due to my rifle being set up as a "do all" rifle. Now that the 6.5 Grendel is built I want to refocus on the 5.56 becoming a 3 gun setup. From what I was told, the SSAE had a more positive reset and break.

1 hour ago, ccrbum said:

never tried the SD3G but I have a SSAE and like it. not sure if thats helpful though lol.. I looked at the SD3G and talk to a couple people about it but it was suggest that I would probably enjoy the SSAE more due to my rifle being set up as a "do all" rifle. Now that the 6.5 Grendel is built I want to refocus on the 5.56 becoming a 3 gun setup. From what I was told, the SSAE had a more positive reset and break.

2 entirely different animals.  For the Grendel the ssae is a great choice since precision will be involved.  The 3G is built for speed, the few times I tried to use it for precision I didn't like it at all.

• 3 months later...