Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire mag equivalent?

Djp55

Hey all,

My girlfriend shoots Glock, but I'm much more of an M&P fan, so I stick to my 9mm M&P pro. That being said, it seems like all the cool accessories are made for Glock. I've seen something called a "dry fire mag" for Glock that essentially resets the trigger after pulling it so you can more effectively practice dry fire. Does anyone know of a similar product for the M&P lineup, it have ideas of a way to Frankenstein a mag to do something like that? 

-DJ

It looks like it has some sort of spring mechanism that causes the trigger to reset. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to mimick, just not 100% on the details. 

-DJ

I have one and it works great.  They ain't cheap, but what is in our sport.  I looked at some other dry fire gizmos, they were cheaper but all of them involved taking gun apart and switching triggers.  With the dry fire mag you just insert and dry fire.  I used to just leave it in the gun and whenever I wanted to practice just pick it up and do it.  The mag has an orange base plate so you know your gun is safe.

• 2 months later...

16 minutes ago, Djp55 said:

Anyone who may have been interested in this, they just released a dry fire mag for the M&P a day or two ago. Have one ordered, will report back one it comes in. 

Looking forward to your report.  Are you running a stock trigger?

I have tried out the new mag, and it does work really well.  I haven't had a ton of time, but I will be continuing to use it.  My main issue is that I can't get the pull weight down all the way to the 3lb that I run in my competition gun, but it is between 3.5-4 on the lighter spring.  It feels like a legit trigger pull, but the clicking noise it makes is a bit annoying.  All in all, worth the money if you dry fire.