Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Iron sights for carry optics?

jbultman

I just purchased the dawson precision ones. They are really tall to work with the delta point pro. They look huge but i like them. Plus they shipped with a free front sight tool and back sight punch. For like $70. No fiber optics on the ones i bought but that is also a option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am running a 17MOS with a Deltapoint Pro. I just left the stock plastic sights on the pistol. They are way too low to cowitness, but not having functional iron sights is a non-issue for me so far. In the past 6 months, I've never needed them.

I would agree that you dont need them. I dont have them on my other carry optics gun. However, i would say that they do help you find the dot quicker and if you ever have a malfunction of your red dot you can always use them to fight through the stage. I have mine lower 3rd so they are there if I need them and i hardly notice them otherwise.

I recently jumped into pistol mounted optics with a g17 mos. I originally planned on getting buis but I'm glad I didn't. After a couple weeks of dry fire I'm indexing the gun where it needs to be. However, I'm out of luck if the dot goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently jumped into pistol mounted optics with a g17 mos. I originally planned on getting buis but I'm glad I didn't. After a couple weeks of dry fire I'm indexing the gun where it needs to be. However, I'm out of luck if the dot goes down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a friend that had his delta point pro fail to turn on multiple times and i personally have forgotten to turn on my fastfire 3 once or twice. So i decided to throw them on my newest gun just in case. Its painful to watch back video of someone searching for that dot that never shows as the clock rolls by. Lol

If you are serious about shooting in an optics division, whether Open, CO or PCC you should be able to shoot with no dot and still hit what you're aiming at just looking through the glass. Run drills with the optic off in practice and get used to what it feels like to shoot at different targets.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk