Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA

Novie

I have shot 3 gun for several years, so not new to competition, but want to start shooting more pistol.  Question is which class.  I have a limited minor, production and one that would be single stack.  The limited minor is the 3 gun pistol, I was thinking that would be best for a while.  What do you people think would be best.

4 minutes ago, Novie said:

Primarily to improve pistol skills for 3 gun, and to have fun shooting.  

Then my .02 would be to shoot your 3 gun pistol in Limited and focus on improving your skills and enjoy!  Pretty cut and dry from where I'm sittin'.

Production is also a good place to go to work on gun handling and skills, but because you're going to continue 3 gun, I'd suggest using that firearm.

Don't be surprised with your scores though.  If your intention is to get more pistol time in, just get 2 on paper and work on the speed.  Shooting Minor and getting Charlies and Deltas will hurt your score in USPSA.

If you are using it for practice that's fine.  I shoot Steel Challenge just for practice with no expectation of winning.  Except for the dam rimfire guys that don't need to draw!  If they had to draw, I know I can beat them!

4 hours ago, Novie said:

Primarily to improve pistol skills for 3 gun, and to have fun shooting.  

That is my reason for shooting USPSA. I don't even have a member # and didn't really have a desire for one for the last several years. After taking a good class with a GM I got a little more serious about my pistol skills and have thought about getting a # just to have one and know where I rank but I don't have any anticipation of moving from limited minor so long as 3gun is my main game. So just play in limited minor and try only shooting "A holes"  ?

• 1 month later...