Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Glock 34 issues with every round....

Weever82

Howdy,

Super excited to get my rig and Glock 34 gen 4 all set up for my first match. Installed Dawson sites on the 34 and polished the internals with q tips and flitz.

Went out to shoot some 115gr FMJ ammo for the initial run. I brought 6 diff types to see what the guns likes best because I don't reload. The first 30 rounds or so were flawless and now when I load a magazine and fire 1 round.. the second round is in the magazine with the slide locked back. I have to manually rack the slide, the bullet fires and then the same thing. next round is in the magazine and I have to manually rack the slide into battery... I tried 4 diff mags also with same results. Magtech, WWB, PMC, Federal and Remington ammo. All 115gr FMJ.

Any thoughts? I bought the gun new but it was "used" and Glock warranty said since I am not the original purchaser, I have to pay for shipping or any work they do.

Thanks for reading!

Weev-

IMG_80531_zpstuwm46mx.jpg

Edited by Weever82

Sounds like the slide stop was probably reinstalled incorrectly. You need to put the locking block pin in first before reinstalling the slide stop so that the slide stop spring is under the locking block pin like this:

100_0457.jpg

2 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Sounds like the slide stop was probably reinstalled incorrectly. You need to put the locking block pin in first before reinstalling the slide stop so that the slide stop spring is under the locking block pin like this:

Ok cool! I will check when I get off work. I did take it off and I think I put in the locking block pin first but can't remember.

Thanks for all your replies!

Likely installed slide stop wrong, but it's possible your grip is putting upward pressure on the slide stop.  The standard non-extended may work better if that's the case.

Edited by CharlieD

12 hours ago, Southpaw said:

Well I got home from work and it looked like this... appears I reinstalled it incorrectly. So hopefully that is the fix, we will find out in a few days at the range,

IMG_8058_zpstewdomkl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So to let everyone know, I finally made it back to the range yesterday and she ran 150 flawless rounds. Just one itty bitty slide lock spring caused the issue. So hopefully this post will help someone if they reinstalled incorrectly.