Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA/IPSA Member Numbers

djbb98

Well after I just upgraded my USPSA membership I guess it's a good time to ask. Are the member numbers for USPSA and IPSC the same. If I travel to Germany or South Africa, etc. For a match would I just use my USPSA number or would I have to get a new one. 

I'm not currently traveling out of country for a match but hopefully sooner than later I will

To join IPSC, you join a region. Your region is USPSA

"

IPSC RegionsWhat are IPSC Regions?

Regions (countries) are the organizations which promote the sport of IPSC and are the representatives of IPSC. All IPSC shooters become members of the IPSC by joining their affiliated Region.

"

[FLAG] IPSC United States - USA
1639 Lindamood Lane
Burlington, WA 98233
usa@ipsc.org

41 minutes ago, Dutchman195 said:

Really dumb question here...does my USPSA class transfer to IPSC or do I have to classify there.

It does not transfer. When I was in Europe there were not many matches that recognized classification, it was just a straight-up order of finish.

IPSC does maintain its own classification modeled very much after the USPSA system.  It is, however, separate and distinct from from the USPSA system and classification in one does not transfer to the other.  It is not (IMHO) widely used international, certainly not like in the US, and is rarely used for results purposes at most IPSC matches.

With respect to the US IPSC Nationals, we have never bothered to try and use classifications as very few US shooters bother to have an IPSC classification.  It would be rather pointless.