Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's up at Marvel Precision?

In March, I sent a Unit #1 back with a cracked slide after an email exchange with them.  I was told it would be a while before they could get to it, due to some of the people being out of the office for a couple of weeks.  I was willing to accept that since I was in no hurry to get a replacement.

Fast-forward to May 15 and I get a call telling me that they are ready to ship the needed replacement parts and some extra recoil springs that I requested.  I gave them my CC number and was charged for the parts with the promise of shipping within "a couple days".  After 2 weeks, I called and was told that they shipped everything on May 16.  Since I hadn't received the package, they put a trace on it with USPS.

Turns out someone had transposed 2 digits in the Zip code and the package was in Iowa (I live in VA).  The box was empty when they found it, and Marvel told me they'd ship a replacement after they handled the claim, since it was insured.  Then on June 10, I get a letter from USPS telling me how to handle the claim for a "damaged" shipment.  Since it wasn't my place to file the claim, and I couldn't produce the damaged package, I sent, by email, a scanned copy of that letter to Marvel.

Another week went by with no communication from Marvel, so I called them.  They obviously don't check their email very often and hadn't even seen the one from me, so nothing had been done.  The man said he'd handle it from there and get out the replacement parts "in the next few days".

Yesterday, I called their 800 number and got a recording saying that the voicemail box was full and I can't even leave a message.  So here I am at the 4 month marl with no replacement for the cracked slide and they have my money!

Is anyone else having "communication problems" with Marvel Precision?  I don't want to wait too long to file a dispute with my CC, or there will be no recourse to either get the parts or my refund. 

Alan~^~

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Last Tuesday, 18 July, the damaged/empty package arrived in my mailbox!  Two months after it was mailed!  I took it to the PO along with the USPS letter that I received in June .  The Postmaster here copied the letter and took the package to submit to their claim dept in St. Louis.  I immediately called Marvel and spoke to a very pleasant lady there (don't remember the name) and left my phone # after a fairly long conversation with her.  She said that I would be getting a call from Dennis Rosene who I think is pretty much in charge there.  A week later, no call and no product.  They've had my money since 15 May, so my thought is that they are still following up on the claim.  I don't like being "in the dark" with no communication except when I call them.  The mistake on the Zip code is still a mystery as to who did that, Marvel or the PO.  Either way, it's been 6 months and no replacement parts that were paid-for.

Alan~^~

I am understanding tha Mr. Marvel is now working with Nelson custom guns. There was allegedly some very ugly business moves by the company that you are trying to communicate with, including pushing Mr.Marvel out. You'll have to google all that. Also, alot of folks like these are at camp Perry this past few weeks. If you want a slide built by Mr. Marvel, you need to call Nelson, they may be able to help fix your existing slide too.

good luck

Edited by Mr.Kirk

You may also want to contact your CC company and fill them in with what's been going on and request a credit to your account. I realize you'd rather have the parts you ordered, but nothing gets someone's attention (especially a business) like having money taken away from them. Maybe then you'll ACTUALLY get some action instead of hollow promises.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought that maybe patience would pay off in the long run, as I have no desire to bad-mouth a reputable mfg. and I was right (I think).  Got a call from Dennis today saying that they are tired of waiting on a resolution from the USPS and he's shipping the parts today with the address correction in place.  I'll know in a few days if it's all finally coming together when/if the package arrives.  Just a normal SNAFU with the PO I guess, but it HAS been since March when I sent it back.  I've begun to think that Murphy was an optimist!:angry:

I'll update if I get it in the next few days.  Thanks for listening to my problems!

Alan~^~