Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can I use this holster?

fmiller

Hi

I'm in a weird situation. I just traded my IPSC gun for a new one, but only have two magazines for it.

I have a P226 with a holster. But only three magazines.

I also have CZ P01 with five magazines. But no holster.

New magazines and a holster are on their way, but won't arrive until Monday.

I have a match on Saturday.

SO

The cheapest way out, it seems, is to get a cheap holster for the CZ, use it on Saturday, and then bury it in the back yard.

The local airsoft place has these generic, adjustable(?), NC Star holsters. i'm assuming they are total crap. But also that they can make it through a match.

Can any of you see a reason why i can NOT use this in a match?

Thanks!

f

$_58.jpg

yes you can use it, if USPSA I would remove the retention strap if you don't plan on using it, if it has a retention strap it must be used.

Do not get your weak hand anywhere near the holster when holstering your gun, it is a good way to sweep yourself.

The cheapest way out is probably to shoot Limited Minor with the 226 and load to capacity (unless you live somewhere with a 10-rd capacity limit).  Alternately, do you know anyone with a P01 that you can borrow a holster from?

If you buy a cheap holster somewhere, make sure it completely covers the trigger guard, and remove any straps, like bret suggested.

Thanks for all of the advice.

I got - for a whopping 14.99 - a generic airsoft holster.

My concern right now is that it's too big and the gun will slide around. A well situated bolt/nut thing should fix that though.

IMO, because it has happened to me with a cheap "universal" holster, is watching out for the front sight catching the bottom and pulling, or in my case almost pulling,the gun out of my hand at the draw.  Other than watching out for that you should be good to go