Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anyone still shooting Revolver Major in USPSA?

matteekay

On 6/23/2017 at 3:19 PM, gtaylor07 said:

GP100 in .357 with speedloaders because I hate life.

Planning to do exactly that a week from now at a Level 2 IPSC Match.

I expect there will be a few other revolver shooters there. Main goal is not to DQ. Secondary goal is not to get too many Misses or No-Shoots. There will be a couple of swingers and about a dozen plates/poppers in front of No-Shoot paper targets....

I ran a small match with my 627 minor and my 625 major.  The steel challenge stage was within .75 seconds... The 625 had presentation grips which I could not get a grip out of the holster... the rest was equal.  ALL other stages I smoked myself  with the 627.  the long field (32 rounds) course I ran in about 30 seconds with all good hits with the 627... the 625 took 56... the classifier with the 627 was a 77% ( eight shot course) the 625 was about a 48%....  Maybe its just me, but for me the 625 is a great heavy bullet field carry piece...I'll never shoot a USPSA match with it again, ever.

Jason

I did a test on USPSA scoring.  I ran a 625 in major vs a 610 (40 S&W 180 grain) in minor.  Shot same stages on same day with both guns.

I alternated which gun I shot first.

The 610 in minor had higher scores.  For me managing recoil and time between shots is what slows me down.

And now it's a 627 in 38 Super.  Which I also shoot in L10 and production.

16 hours ago, matteekay said:

To be fair, there's a whole division in ICORE that's 6-shooters with speed loaders.

...I don't shoot it, but some crazy people do ;) .

If you want to shoot minor revo (105 power factor) in IDPA it's 6 shot guns with speed loaders only.  I've shot it, and ICORE too, both are fun.