Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trubor malfunctions

Shooter94

I have had an STI Trubor in 9mm major for about 9 months and had nothing but problems for the first 7 but finnaly got some help and have had it running pretty good for a while but this Sunday I was shooting a local USPSA and was doing really good and had a failure to feed and got frustrated and by then I totally flusted and ruined a good day and it also did it on the next stage and after that it ran fine the rest of the day any ideas what would cause this? 

Gun set up. Side mounted cmore with a 9lb recoil spring and an afftec extractor running mbx 170mm mags. Ammo is a 124gr hornaday fmj with 6.7 grains of autocomp with an overall length of 1.165 and a cci primer.

Ps gun ran perfect the weekend before at another USPSA

Edited by Shooter94

Feeding issues are most often tracked down to dirty gun, light recoil spring, mag, mag catch, loose screws, or ammo.  Dirty gun is easy.  You are definitely not too light of a recoil spring.  Is your ammo consistent?  Time to figure out if it's one mag or all.  Check grip screws and make sure they are all tight.

Edited by theWacoKid

What does your ammo chrono at? 6.7 seems a bit on the light side. I use 7.0 AC with a 8# spring (and no aftec extractor) for 174 PF.(1400 fps with a 124gr bullet) I can't remember the last malfunction. It was probably in the break in period up to 1000 rounds. I also use MBX mags. Make sure you tune the follower, feed lips, and springs according to their videos.