Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mr Bulletfeeder

I have one on my s1050 loading 124 gr RN 9mm bullets, I've never had an issue with it after loading 8,000 plus rounds, it's a great addition to any Dillon machine. 

Edited by icestud

It's worth the money. I was also skeptical of the price, but in the end it is worth the money. 

Dont get me wrong... there is a lot (a lot a lot) of profit for DAA at their price point. I mean it's not hand made out of stainless steel, I figure they should cost about half of what they actaullly sell for but I'd buy it again if the one I have was toast. 

31 minutes ago, armydad said:

Expensive but worth it. It takes a little fussing with to get them to properly drop bullets consistently, but really no more time than you spend dialing-in your loading dies. You can also buy directly from the inventor, Rick Koskela. He is very friendly and helpful. http://www.mrbulletfeeder.biz/

Rick told me he is getting out of it? I think he has retired. When I asked him about sponsorship he said he no longer sells them.

But to the OP, heck yeah they are worth every penny. If you have any questions or issues there are several videos on YouTube for adjusting, setting up, troubleshooting etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I am loading Frontier 158 RN copper plated 38 cal bullets; they are shiny, slick, easy to load, BUT one every twenty or so is upside down.

Can't understand what can I do to fix the problem.

Any help?

13 minutes ago, Daniele said:

I am loading Frontier 158 RN copper plated 38 cal bullets; they are shiny, slick, easy to load, BUT one every twenty or so is upside down.

Any help?

I have had that happen only with coated, not jacketed.  I assume it's due to tolerances being larger with the coated bullets.

Nothing but happiness with mine, I use it for 9,10,45, and 223.  I agree there probably is a lot of profit in them, they are deceptively simple once you get to looking at it.  I'm not wild about the mount to the CF, and may rig up some sort of dedicated upright, but I couldn't imaging running a 1050 without one now :).

Any help?

Make sure the flipper ramp is set properly. And Also make sure the nose guide is not too far out. If it's too far out it will not drop down and flip, you only need a little bit of a ledge to keep the upright Bullets upright.
Also if the casefeeder and/or bullletfeeder are moving while operating the machine can cause issues. I found that mounting both feeders independent of the press and bench works best.
I have mine mounted to the wall completely isolated.

2b5f88675b79725d7e6573de05c65318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/18/2017 at 4:37 AM, 3gunDQ said:

It's worth the money. I was also skeptical of the price, but in the end it is worth the money. 

Dont get me wrong... there is a lot (a lot a lot) of profit for DAA at their price point. I mean it's not hand made out of stainless steel, I figure they should cost about half of what they actaullly sell for but I'd buy it again if the one I have was toast. 

The Crimson bullet feeder was about a 1/4 of the price and could do more than the MBF but was lawyered out of existence.  So yes, DAA is making an absolute ton of money on these because of stupid patent laws.  Lawyers get involved, and the potential customers get screwed.

Would I buy an MBF?  Probably not.  For the 6-7 thousand I load a year, I don't find it necessary.  

20 hours ago, Kaldor said:

The Crimson bullet feeder was about a 1/4 of the price and could do more than the MBF but was lawyered out of existence.  So yes, DAA is making an absolute ton of money on these because of stupid patent laws.  Lawyers get involved, and the potential customers get screwed.

Would I buy an MBF?  Probably not.  For the 6-7 thousand I load a year, I don't find it necessary.  

I got two of the Crimson bullet feeders and they work perfect!! MBF got worried and had him shut down. I Agree DAA is rmaking a killing off of them. 

1 hour ago, jaques said:

I got two of the Crimson bullet feeders and they work perfect!! MBF got worried and had him shut down. I Agree DAA is rmaking a killing off of them. 

Yup, I was waiting for Austin to get the rifle plates for 223 and 308 into production, but I waited too long.  Oh well, lesson learned.

I will say the MBF is a good product though, but it is crazy overpriced.

On 7/9/2017 at 10:39 AM, Kaldor said:

Yup, I was waiting for Austin to get the rifle plates for 223 and 308 into production, but I waited too long.  Oh well, lesson learned.

I will say the MBF is a good product though, but it is crazy overpriced.

Could you get someone to print you the different plates with a 3D printer?

11 hours ago, wgj3 said:

Could you get someone to print you the different plates with a 3D printer?

Probably.  But I know Austin had not finished them to get them working 100% thats why he never finalized the design, and made them available.  All a moot point now to be honest.  

The only other thing Ill say on it is DAA had the money to hire Lawyers to shut down a dude making bullet feeders in his garage for a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the price that worked just as well, possibly better, and could do things the MBF could not do.  The patent laws in this country stifle competition and innovation.  And trust me, everyone says the Crimson feeder was a direct copy of the MBF?  But who did MBF copy?  Plenty of prior art out there shows that the MBF is nothing earth shattering in its design, just a minor refinement of what came before.  But because of the stupid way our patent system works, DAA/MBF is making bank and will continue to do so for about another 5 years on one patent and 12 on another.  And if anyone makes anything thats even remotely the same, they will lawyer up again, and shut them down.

On 7/13/2017 at 11:54 AM, Kaldor said:

Probably.  But I know Austin had not finished them to get them working 100% thats why he never finalized the design, and made them available.  All a moot point now to be honest.  

The only other thing Ill say on it is DAA had the money to hire Lawyers to shut down a dude making bullet feeders in his garage for a 1/3 to a 1/4 of the price that worked just as well, possibly better, and could do things the MBF could not do.  The patent laws in this country stifle competition and innovation.  And trust me, everyone says the Crimson feeder was a direct copy of the MBF?  But who did MBF copy?  Plenty of prior art out there shows that the MBF is nothing earth shattering in its design, just a minor refinement of what came before.  But because of the stupid way our patent system works, DAA/MBF is making bank and will continue to do so for about another 5 years on one patent and 12 on another.  And if anyone makes anything thats even remotely the same, they will lawyer up again, and shut them down.

Do you guys have any pics of the Entirely Crimson one? What was it able to do that the DAA one isn't? Thanks!

17 hours ago, NicoR said:

Do you guys have any pics of the Entirely Crimson one? What was it able to do that the DAA one isn't? Thanks!

I dont and Austin took down every video or photo of the feeder under threat of litigation.  Id bet there are a few videos out there on YouTube.

I know for a fact it could feed just as fast as an MBF, Ive seen the test videos that are now gone.  It could feed bullets point down for sizing applications.  The feeder plates were also significantly different.  And it was way cheaper, you just had to assemble it.