Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Autocomp load data

tcazes

See honestly I'm a die hard n320 guy but I have 8lbs of autocomp to burn through. I know at 5.0grns under a 200 it feels amazi g and shoots accurate as all get out through my briley custom. Just curious what other data is out there. 

I plan to chrono it again Sunday. Someone shot the same round at single stack nationals and it was 180 something pf. I have 100 180s and a ton of 200s. I just don't know how low to go with my 180s or how high. Trying to figure out a range I can chrono this Sunday. 

Figured I'd see what other peoples data were. 

Edited by tcazes

10 minutes ago, tcazes said:

I plan to chrono it again Sunday. Someone shot the same round at single stack nationals and it was 180 something pf. I have 100 180s and a ton of 200s. I just don't know how low to go with my 180s or how high. Trying to figure out a range I can chrono this Sunday. 

Figured I'd see what other peoples data were. 

I'll fix that wrong data in a bit...

Lol I didn't even look at the bullet diameter lmao. That data shows 167pf at 4.8 so I feel I can come down from 5.0 maybe. I may do

Sets of 10

180 bbi

200 bbi

And then do everything like the 180s when my next 500 pack of 200s comes in next week. My chrono should be here sunday. 

5 minutes ago, tcazes said:

Mighty slow powder that 340 is....

I used 340 and AC in .40 for Open with a 135 gr bullet. 340 was a tad faster than AC. I don't think either is well suited for non-comped 40 major with heavy bullets.

See I felt the same way but all of the locals love it and I mean I will admit it shoots great at 5 gr. I guess the data I get will tell the tale. It's definitely dirtier than n320

2 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

If I had 8 lbs of WAC lying around, and 5.0 grains shot "Great" and is accurate,

I'd chrono it and use it all up    :) 

Same here.  When I was first developing loads for 40 I tried a bunch of different powders on up to the N340/WAC speed level.  Yes, there was a recoil difference, but you only noticed it when comparing different loads at the same practice session.  The problem I had with the slower powders was the SDs were not as good as with the faster powders.  That just means you have to load a little hotter to be sure every round is above minimum.  Use it all up.

• 2 weeks later...

put together some quick load data! too bad i cant edit my original post. anyways here it is! i settled on 4.6gr and MAYBE 4.7 depending on how far north i go to shoot.

weather conditions for the day were

84 f

real feel of 97

cloudy

pressure 29.94in

dew point 79 deg f

visibility 5mi

elevation 3ft above sea level

waaaayyyyy to much humidity lol

all rounds shot out of my 5" briley customs .40 limited gun

40 S&W Data - .40 S&W Data.pdf

Screenshot (1).png