Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
MotorMouth

Any way to bypass the 50 post minimum?

I understand the 50 post minimum requirement.  It's a high enough bar to keep the spammers out and that's excellent.  But I've been a member of the site for a long time, I participate in the FB group discussions and I'm an actual legitimate (if slow) 3Gun competitor.   

Can I get the 50 post minimum lifted?

And here's my youtube channel to prove what I say.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNLpMFulbedAcOG06mLVSAA

Thanks,

Hal

No, there is no way to bypass it...and I'm going to edit your post to remove the item that you want to sell.

GrumpyOne BE Forums Moderator

50 posts are very easy to get if, if you get the forum's intention, which is the discussion of the shooting sports. Start a range diary, jump in on some of the discussions about 3GN, give your thoughts on builds, your loads, etc. 

But, the 50 post minimum stays...for everyone. 

That wasn't so hard, now was it? The tricky part is to keep contributing to the forum.

EEH   

Why would you join a forum just to sell  stuff ..,put it on gunbroker you need no post...

Edited by EEH

R1_Demon   
10 hours ago, EEH said:

Why would you join a forum just to sell  stuff ..,put it on gunbroker you need no post...

Because a forum is free and it costs money on GunBroker. But I think selling items on a forum like this should be secondary to contributing to the value of the content of the forum.  Ya, admittedly you would have more of a focused group to sell to (just like selling photography equipment on a photography forum), but you can also eliminate potential buyers by focusing your purchasing pool too narrowly as well. 

Not to mention, as others have, getting to 50 posts really is not that difficult here as there are a lot of great and informative discussions to join in on. ???

Trust me, the classified section of this forum gets a lot of business.  One of the reasons (I believe) for the minimum posts is for potential buyers/sellers to virtually "know" the other party to the transaction.  Let's face it, when you send somebody 3-4 thousand dollars for a pistol, knowing you won't get your pistol until the funds clear, it makes you feel a little better having interacted with the person for years on this forum.  

MikieM   

I was a little miffed, at first, about the 50 post requirement, but it didn't take very long to figure out that selling stuff is not what this forum is all about.

What I've learned here is far more valuable than what I've sold here.

Beef15   

I don't sell stuff on forums, but I don't understand the difficulty of 50 posts either.

I just cruise the unread content and contribute when I feel I have something to offer, pretty sure I passed fifty in maybe a week or two. Then I ran out of usefulness.

Not a huge fan of rules, but do prefer there being a bar as the unread stream has a tendency to be very cluttered up with sale threads on forums that don't have limits.

Sarge   
On 6/16/2017 at 9:49 PM, GrumpyOne said:

That wasn't so hard, now was it? The tricky part is to keep contributing to the forum.

And of course after his flurry of activity to get to 50 he has not posted since. lol Who didn't see that coming?

R1_Demon   

Well, you know that is going to happen from time to time, Sarge.  :unsure:  But what can you do.  And I do agree with Ranger in regards to getting to somewhat know people first and see what/how they post regarding sending them thousands in merchandise when you make deals on the classifieds.  Of course you always have to be wary and careful no matter where you are at and whomever you deal with, but he has a point. :) 

6 minutes ago, Sarge said:

And of course after his flurry of activity to get to 50 he has not posted since. lol Who didn't see that coming?

His 50 weren't one liners...but if he fails to post anything else before another ad....

Forum rules say 50 posts to have access to Classifieds. Guys asks for a variance and he is denied.

So he posts to reach 50.  Starts a thread to sell something.

What's the problem? 

Edited by warpspeed

Steve RA   

Not a real problem, he followed the rules - just in a different way from most.  Sort of like "Gaming the Forum" instead of a stage.  :D

33 minutes ago, warpspeed said:

Forum rules say 50 posts to have access to Classifieds. Guys asks for a variance and he is denied.

So he posts to reach 50.  Starts a thread to sell something.

What's the problem? 

I think you know the answer to your own question. Members question why a non participating member is here. Knowledge is free  and anyone can take it. It's just  a shame that when a member has shooting knowledge and experience to offer, we lose the opportunity to benefit from it. The member has a priority to use the Classifieds more than the Forum. I for one, feel somehow cheated that I can't share his/her knowledge. You know that Brian set up these Forums with the Prime directive to share and participate. With that in mind, the rules are...In addition to the minimum post-count criteria, you are not welcome to post in the Classifieds Forum until you are considered, by the Moderator Group using their subjective criteria, an active participant in the Forums in general. THAT is the problem. 

8 minutes ago, Youngeyes said:

I think you know the answer to your own question. Members question why a non participating member is here. Knowledge is free  and anyone can take it. It's just  a shame that when a member has shooting knowledge and experience to offer, we lose the opportunity to benefit from it. The member has a priority to use the Classifieds more than the Forum. I for one, feel somehow cheated that I can't share his/her knowledge. You know that Brian set up these Forums with the Prime directive to share and participate. With that in mind, the rules are...In addition to the minimum post-count criteria, you are not welcome to post in the Classifieds Forum until you are considered, by the Moderator Group using their subjective criteria, an active participant in the Forums in general. THAT is the problem. 

I get it  - I've been here since the beginning and seen many come and go. Some for the better and some for the worse.

My problem is that the Mods shouldn't taunt or threaten the membership in the open forum. 

L3324   

The more stuff for sale on this forum the better the chances active members can score a good deal on something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, warpspeed said:

I get it  - I've been here since the beginning and seen many come and go. Some for the better and some for the worse.

My problem is that the Mods shouldn't taunt or threaten the membership in the open forum. 

Is quoting the rules a threat or a taunt? 

"50 posts are very easy to get if, if you get the forum's intention, which is the discussion of the shooting sports. Start a range diary, jump in on some of the discussions about 3GN, give your thoughts on builds, your loads, etc. " 

This seems to be a request to participate and suggestions on how to be a sharing member. It doesn't sound like a taunt or a threat. Can you PM me or another moderator with your insights? I would appreciate the opportunity to review any threats and taunts made to the members by a moderator. Thanks.

On 6/18/2017 at 7:59 PM, L3324 said:

The more stuff for sale on this forum the better the chances active members can score a good deal on something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddly enough, while a nice fringe benefit, that's not what the forum was created for......