Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ramp Styles

sheepdog69

Im looking to buy a double stack frame to start my own build. I see there are 3 ramp options

none, you do it

para / clark

wilson / Nowlin 

whats the skinny? is one better than the other? can anyone fill me in on the pros and cons of either?

thanks

C/P if you want a schumann bbl as they are easier to find in c/p, not sure they even make W/N cut

Most other bbl's are avail in both cuts.

I think the c/p is an easier cut

with that said I probably own more guns with W/N cuts

So figure out which bbl and then go from there or buy an uncut one so you have the option when you decide on your bbl.

I would have gone C/P or Lissner for my next two, but I decided to use Trubore blanks for both.  So I had to go W/N.

If you don't have to have one in a week or two, give Ed Minshew at JEM Guns a call.  He can sell you a frame cut for an EVO grip or an STI grip, and he will put whatever ramp cut you want in it.  He will also sell you a slide (in about 6 weeks) that will go on with a light interference fit.  If you go with the STI grip, use his GS so you'll have minimal blending to do.

Hello: Are you going to be able to mill the frame? If so cut it for a Clark/Para ramp. If you can't get a frame that you can get a barrel for easily right now. PT sell there frames with the Clark/Para ramp, STI sells there's with a Wilson/Nowlin. CK I am not sure off the top of my head. I am sure you can get all of those with no ramp cut also. I would look for the barrel you want to use first then go from there. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

PT sell there frames with the Clark/Para ramp, STI sells there's with a Wilson/Nowlin. CK I am not sure off the top of my head. I am sure you can get all of those with no ramp cut also.

CK does both ramp styles.

Awesome I have a CK frame with C/P and a CK slide.  Barrel choice is next. And grip.  Should have the slide fitted this weekend if tools show up. Does anyone know the fit tolerance for slide to frame? .001? Or less .0005