Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member & 9mm powders

17 minutes ago, hobbit99 said:

It's easy.... Start hanging around and making friends with other shooters. Talk about your craft. Discuss good, better, best... ways to do things. Have a couple of brews AFTER practice and matches with the buds. Before long, you will be shooting a LOT more and enjoying it a LOT more. Shooting acquaintances quickly morph into friends and similar interests tend to work together for mutual benefit.  Above all... Have Fun.!!

You're assuming people like me, right?  LOL!!!!  :roflol:

Seriously though, I get what you are saying and are correct.  Makes sense.  Then you all team up and go out and shoot more. :)   The real thing is, I need to get off my arse and just get out and shoot.  LOL!!!  :-D  I have firearms that are brand new and don't even have a round down range yet...all because I haven't gotten off my arse to shoot.  No other reason.  LOL!  Sad.  LOL

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/24/2017 at 1:39 PM, R1_Demon said:

You're assuming people like me, right?  LOL!!!!  :roflol:

Seriously though, I get what you are saying and are correct.  Makes sense.  Then you all team up and go out and shoot more. :)   The real thing is, I need to get off my arse and just get out and shoot.  LOL!!!  :-D  I have firearms that are brand new and don't even have a round down range yet...all because I haven't gotten off my arse to shoot.  No other reason.  LOL!  Sad.  LOL

Hmmm... Well, yeah, sort of, I guess...??

Lexington, huh...... I'm not too far away and I go that way occasionally. I'll stop by some time and force you to get up and move... That'll do away with ONE of your excuses..!!

:goof:

LOL!

The real messed up thing is I'm a member at a club...have been since April, I think, and still haven't gotten a chance to get out there and shoot there yet for just normal practice and such.  LOL!  Every time I plan it out and say, "ok, this Sat or this Sun I'll go out there and shoot." a family thing comes up that I have to do (which always comes first to me) or I end up having to work or something.  LOL  So, at this point, I'm having the privilege of being able to pay to say "I'm a member of a club" and that's about it.  LOL!!!!!  :blink:

16 hours ago, R1_Demon said:

LOL!

The real messed up thing is I'm a member at a club...have been since April, I think, and still haven't gotten a chance to get out there and shoot there yet for just normal practice and such.  LOL!  Every time I plan it out and say, "ok, this Sat or this Sun I'll go out there and shoot." a family thing comes up that I have to do (which always comes first to me) or I end up having to work or something.  LOL  So, at this point, I'm having the privilege of being able to pay to say "I'm a member of a club" and that's about it.  LOL!!!!!  :blink:

I know family is ALWAYS first. I also know that family doesn't ALWAYS cause these issues. You gotta be honest with yourself and then....

You have to order your priorities.....

If you prefer to sit and watch TV, OR if you prefer to go to a movie, OR if you just HAVE to go next door for a while to BS with that guy, OR you really NEED to prep and paint a car restoration, OR it's summer time and you have to go to the beach this weekend, OR it's winter and you just have to take a skiing trip this weekend, OR you noticed a weed growing in your lawn so you MUST get out the gear and prep the lawn for "Weed and Feed", OR your truck needs a tuneup and instead of letting the garage take care of it you decide it is much more important for you to do it yourself, OR the siding on the house needs to be pressure washed, Or the driveway needs a new sealcoat, OR you just have to go to the mall and find a new sport coat for fall season...... Well, you're right, you will NEVER enjoy shooting a match or practicing with your shooting friends. It's all in how you approach it.....

I'm too old and I've done this for too long.... I have heard ALL of the excuses and believe me, they're no better now than they were the first time I heard them.

Good luck..!!

On 7/27/2017 at 0:29 AM, hobbit99 said:

I know family is ALWAYS first. I also know that family doesn't ALWAYS cause these issues. You gotta be honest with yourself and then....

You have to order your priorities.....

If you prefer to sit and watch TV, OR if you prefer to go to a movie, OR if you just HAVE to go next door for a while to BS with that guy, OR you really NEED to prep and paint a car restoration, OR it's summer time and you have to go to the beach this weekend, OR it's winter and you just have to take a skiing trip this weekend, OR you noticed a weed growing in your lawn so you MUST get out the gear and prep the lawn for "Weed and Feed", OR your truck needs a tuneup and instead of letting the garage take care of it you decide it is much more important for you to do it yourself, OR the siding on the house needs to be pressure washed, Or the driveway needs a new sealcoat, OR you just have to go to the mall and find a new sport coat for fall season...... Well, you're right, you will NEVER enjoy shooting a match or practicing with your shooting friends. It's all in how you approach it.....

I'm too old and I've done this for too long.... I have heard ALL of the excuses and believe me, they're no better now than they were the first time I heard them.

Good luck..!!

Darn good points, Mr. Hobbit. :) (thumbs up)  And you are correct.

• 2 months later...

I was about to ask a similar question, but thought it would be easier to tack on to this...

I just bought my first press and ordered coated 124/125 SNS bullets, now need to order some powder.  I'll be loading target/practice rounds and I'd like to stick with something that's lower recoil, but on the clean side if possible.  Would any of the powders mentioned here be better for my purposes?  I've read a couple of places that TG can run hot, and might not be a good choice with coated bullets.  On the other hand, it seems to be the most popular powder on the forum.

On 6/7/2017 at 12:00 PM, IDescribe said:

Most people lean toward the faster powders for 9mm minor for the reduced recoil impulse.  The most common ones from that faster tier that people use for 9mm minor are:

AA2

700X

Bullseye

Titegroup
N320
W231/HP-38 (same powder)
Red Dot

WSF is probably the slowest commonly used or 9mm minor.

N320 is the cleanest of the bunch from the above list.

Not on the list, but appropriate and clean are both PrimaV and American Select.

Titegroup is filthy until you get to the top of the load window, then it cleans up okay.  The tales of Titegroup's heat are overblown.  Don't sweat it.

Wonder if the OP is still shopping since July.

I am not as sensitive as The Princess and the Pea.  Same bullet weight, same velocity/power factor, I can't tell a difference in powders.  I do like the feel of heavy bullets ("high capacity .38 Special") and am loading 147s and the last of a case of 135s.  If I wanted to save a smidgen on bullets, I would go no lighter than 124s; the cheap 115s are supersonic with a sharp blast and flippy recoil. 

I have tried this and that powder as availability, price, and curiosity led me, but the difference in shooting is imperceptible to me.  I am running down my supply of HP38 and will either restock or go to Bullseye. which I keep for midrange .45 ACP anyhow.  Lots of data for both. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:04 PM, hobbit99 said:

Hi folks...

As I mentioned in my original intro post, I am a retired Army guy that is just now getting into competitive shooting. I am currently setting up my Dillon 650 to load 9MM. Because of my reliance on a VERY fixed income, I need to avoid a lot of indiscriminate buying and testing of components.... Here is where I am: Primers will be either Fiocchi or Winchester (because I can get them reasonably, and do not want to worry about "hard" CCI or "soft" Federal...). I am purchasing some of both for trial data.....  Bullets and cases will vary depending on what I can reasonably source. Right now I am buying some cases in 5000 lots (mixed head stamps..). Bullets will probably be Berry's or one of the other plated bullets for range practice. I plan to test and load a more "capable" jacketed bullet for match use. My intent is to try all three standard weight bullets, but will probably select 124 or 147 because of the recoil impulse.

So with that in mind... Here is my quandary. Powder..???  I don't want to buy (and WONT buy..) multiples of possible iterations just because they "might" work. So here is my criteria (admittedly, I am a little in the dark here...). I have selected six potential candidates to make 9mm MINOR floor. Those are: Unique; Silhouette; True Blue; Power Pistol; Win 231; and Universal. I also realize that there is a multitude of possibilities and an equal number of opinions..!!! What I would like to do is select THREE choices for testing. I am trying to avoid VhitaVuory powders because of the ridiculous pricing. I also do not favor powders that are "compressed loads" Sooo, a medium density powder that meters well (Dillon 650...) and makes the floor at a reasonable pressure. Truth told, I am also trending against Silhouette. There is a distinct lack of Silhouette data for 9mm published in manuals. However, I realize that there are some folks here who swear by it... and of course some who swear AT it as well.

So, if you folks could just recommend your three top choices and your reasoning. They don't have to be part of my six choices. I am open to being convinced...if you have a reasoned approach.

Here is a little Gen Info background. I am NOT a newbie to shooting (of any kind..) nor to reloading. My Dillon is 18 years old. I have more die sets than I can count. I started reloading with a single stage in 1969 for rifle calibers. My handgun loading experience is pretty light though... mostly hunting loads in big bore handguns (44 Mag. and 454 Casull..).

Please hold forth... You won't embarrass me or hurt my feelings.... Sorry this is so long... :-(

I shoot a lot of 9mm, from the powders that you have listed my favorite is Silhouette my very least favorite and a powder that I truly hate is Unique.  Silhouette has a very soft impulse and works well not only in my pistols but in the PCC also

On 10/23/2017 at 10:05 AM, Jim Watson said:

Wonder if the OP is still shopping since July.

I am not as sensitive as The Princess and the Pea.  Same bullet weight, same velocity/power factor, I can't tell a difference in powders.  I do like the feel of heavy bullets ("high capacity .38 Special") and am loading 147s and the last of a case of 135s.  If I wanted to save a smidgen on bullets, I would go no lighter than 124s; the cheap 115s are supersonic with a sharp blast and flippy recoil. 

I have tried this and that powder as availability, price, and curiosity led me, but the difference in shooting is imperceptible to me.  I am running down my supply of HP38 and will either restock or go to Bullseye. which I keep for midrange .45 ACP anyhow.  Lots of data for both. 

I thought that this thread had sort of "gone away", but then recently received notification that it was active again. Since I am the OP, I will throw this out there.  And to answer your question Mr. Watson, .... No, I am not still shopping...  Shopping was concluded early on and testing began in earnest. I intended to post a new thread with results (including chrono..), but haven't got around to it yet. So until I get that done, here are some of my impressions so far.....

I found there were several powders that functioned well in my three guns. As most of you guys suggested, my original premise was somewhat flawed. The faster powders did indeed function well and burned more completely. The recoil impulse was noticeably different in favor of the faster powders. The one thing that gives me pause is the probable pressure curve. I have no way to measure pressure obviously, but the loads I found that would make the minor floor with both 115s and 124s were very close (or slightly OVER..) the recommended maximums. I'm still considering this.....

The best metering powder I found through my Dillon was Win 231. That along with True Blue meter almost perfectly. The softest shooting that made the floor was probably Bullseye (just as several of you said it would be...). None of the ones I tried were excessively dirty, although the faster ones were somewhat cleaner (NOTE: I did not try Titegroup..). Of the powders I tested (there were five---Bullseye, Win 231, True Blue, Prima V, and Sport Pistol...) I think I like Prima V the best. Win 231 is easy....meters easy, loads easy--nice volume, makes floor easily, stays under maximum..... so I will definitely be shooting more of it too. Prima V just seems to be clean, fast enough, low smoke, and shoots soft. I will experiment some more with the rest of them, but so far it's Prima V and Win 231. Now, please note I am not saying that Win 231 out performs the others. Its just "easy". It performs across the spectrum of bullets, cases, and primers with little noticeable variation. Its not the leader in any category, but it performs well in all.....

As soon as I can get my sh*t together, I will post a thread with test results including chrono results. I was pleased ... and a little surprised.!!

On 10/23/2017 at 4:14 PM, IDescribe said:

N320 is the cleanest of the bunch from the above list.

N320 measures very precisely too.

It is one of the powders I can easily get locally, and all I ever use for 9mm Minor and .45 Major.

I've noticed something funny since I've been reading up on this topic.  Every thread seems to go like this;

What's a clean burning powder for 9mm?

xyz is clean

yeah, xyz works for me

xyz is filthy, it's one of the dirtiest powders I've tried

yeah xyz is really dirty

And I understand dirty/clean, or how well it meters, is more subjective than burn rate, but it seems like there would be some sort of consensus.  But in any thread about reloading components, whatever the question, the answers are basically just whatever the poster's favorite is. 

3 hours ago, vnboileau said:

I've noticed something funny since I've been reading up on this topic.  Every thread seems to go like this;

What's a clean burning powder for 9mm?

xyz is clean

yeah, xyz works for me

xyz is filthy, it's one of the dirtiest powders I've tried

yeah xyz is really dirty

And I understand dirty/clean, or how well it meters, is more subjective than burn rate, but it seems like there would be some sort of consensus.  But in any thread about reloading components, whatever the question, the answers are basically just whatever the poster's favorite is. 

Pretty much it in a nutshell. Same goes for guns, presses, holsters, etc.

17 hours ago, vnboileau said:

And I understand dirty/clean, or how well it meters, is more subjective than burn rate, but it seems like there would be some sort of consensus. ...

I think that the clean/dirty often depends on what you are doing with the powder. The Vihtavuori powders that I use seem to be very clean if I use them at pretty high pressures. Near maximum. At low pressures, like working up and starting cautiously, the low pressure loads leave much more soot in the gun. Powder needs pressure to burn thoroughly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 1:35 PM, vnboileau said:

I understand that at lower pressures more powder will be left, and be dirtier.  But are there powders that are cleaner at lower pressures?

Is there a clean, low-recoil target powder?

Let me give you some of the same guidance that was given to me....  A lot depends on what you are trying to achieve. You mentioned "clean" and "low-recoil" and "lower pressure".

I am not certain that all three of them go together IF you are trying to make the performance floor (minor/major etc.). If you are just trying to get some target loads together and don't really care about the competition floor, then the answer is definitely "yes".  Bullseye will burn clean and completely and is one of the "softest" recoiling powders I found (just as it was described to me..). The problem may come if you are trying to reach the minor floor with it. To get there the loads are really pushing the envelope and in some cases EXCEED the recommended in the manuals. Slightly reduce the load though and it shoots soft and clean.  Win 231 or HP38 (same like same..) are easy to load and quite capable. They are pretty clean and relatively soft shooting. They make the floor easily without stressing over pressure. Prima V is my favorite right now. Clean and soft shooting, meters nicely, no pressure issues.

Of the ones I mentioned... Win 231 is my favorite to LOAD. It meters faultlessly, bulks nicely so no danger of double charging, burns clean, shoots nice. My favorite to SHOOT is Prima V. It just seems better in most every way to me..... Bullseye is the cleanest and the softest shooting, but pressures are touchy by the manual (if you are sensitive about such things..).

All of this is in MY guns with MY loads and MY loading techniques, and shot over MY chronographs (Oehler 35P and MagnetoSpeed V3 shot concurrently..). Your results may be different.!

Hope  this helps...

On 11/10/2017 at 2:06 PM, hobbit99 said:

Let me give you some of the same guidance that was given to me....  A lot depends on what you are trying to achieve. You mentioned "clean" and "low-recoil" and "lower pressure".

I am not certain that all three of them go together IF you are trying to make the performance floor (minor/major etc.). If you are just trying to get some target loads together and don't really care about the competition floor, then the answer is definitely "yes".  Bullseye will burn clean and completely and is one of the "softest" recoiling powders I found (just as it was described to me..). The problem may come if you are trying to reach the minor floor with it. To get there the loads are really pushing the envelope and in some cases EXCEED the recommended in the manuals. Slightly reduce the load though and it shoots soft and clean.  Win 231 or HP38 (same like same..) are easy to load and quite capable. They are pretty clean and relatively soft shooting. They make the floor easily without stressing over pressure. Prima V is my favorite right now. Clean and soft shooting, meters nicely, no pressure issues.

Of the ones I mentioned... Win 231 is my favorite to LOAD. It meters faultlessly, bulks nicely so no danger of double charging, burns clean, shoots nice. My favorite to SHOOT is Prima V. It just seems better in most every way to me..... Bullseye is the cleanest and the softest shooting, but pressures are touchy by the manual (if you are sensitive about such things..).

All of this is in MY guns with MY loads and MY loading techniques, and shot over MY chronographs (Oehler 35P and MagnetoSpeed V3 shot concurrently..). Your results may be different.!

Hope  this helps...

That does help, thanks

I just bought my first press and still have a lot to learn.  I wanted to make a short list of powders to try.  Just for target practice, not necessarily trying to make minor.  Just something that meters well, and would be easy to work with.  And a bonus if it's clean.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Solo 1000 has been discontinued for a while now.

However, to my knowledge Prima V is fairly new and isn't discontinued that I'm aware of.  It has been catching on in popularity (at least as far as I see here), so maybe it is just sold out everywhere.

Same with Sport Pistol as well.  That is fairly new as well and has seem to be catching on, so it has been selling out in certain locations, but it is definitely not discontinued.  I believe it is the same with Prima V.

On 10/28/2017 at 4:17 PM, hobbit99 said:

Of the powders I tested (there were five---Bullseye, Win 231, True Blue, Prima V, and Sport Pistol...) I think I like Prima V the best. Win 231 is easy....meters easy, loads easy--nice volume, makes floor easily, stays under maximum..... so I will definitely be shooting more of it too. Prima V just seems to be clean, fast enough, low smoke, and shoots soft. I will experiment some more with the rest of them, but so far it's Prima V and Win 231. Now, please note I am not saying that Win 231 out performs the others. Its just "easy". It performs across the spectrum of bullets, cases, and primers with little noticeable variation. Its not the leader in any category, but it performs well in all.....

I've been waiting for Grafs to get the Prima V back in stock while it's on sale

But I'm curious, how did you like the Sport Pistol?  I've been using W231 and True Blue, and Sport Pistol is one I'd like to try next.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2017 at 4:42 PM, vnboileau said:

I've been waiting for Grafs to get the Prima V back in stock while it's on sale

But I'm curious, how did you like the Sport Pistol?  I've been using W231 and True Blue, and Sport Pistol is one I'd like to try next.

Just now saw this... Sorry. Should have responded sooner.

A quick answer that probably won't tell you much....  I think there are a lot of powders that CAN be used, but fewer that SHOULD be used... depending on what you are trying to accomplish. I found both True Blue and Sport Pistol to be acceptable for general use. However, there are better powders out there for 9mm especially if you are trying to stay above but close to the minor floor. I started reloading almost 50 years ago and gradually moved toward finding the BEST component parts for a particular load. So far, I have been able to stick to that methodology. HOWEVER... depending on what you are wanting to accomplish, how much time you have, how much energy you want to expend, and the size of your available cash resources... YOUR reasoning and methods may be a lot different than mine.

Having said that, if I were looking for one powder to stick with for 9mm minor AND if ease of loading, metering, and safety were my personal parameters... I would probably choose Win 231 (HP 38...), learn it, experiment with it, and stick with it. It is going to be hard to beat for a very good general use 9mm minor powder. Nothing meters better (IMHO..). It is relatively clean. It bulks up nicely making double charges almost impossible. And it stays below maximum pressure while making the floor.  If I wanted to choose a "better" powder to use for minor loads, I would choose Prima V. It's a little "faster" than 231 which shortens the recoil impulse a little. It is clean and meters very nicely. Overall, I think it is superior to Win 231, if only slightly. You have to stay observant because it doesn't bulk up as much which means there is room in the case for a double charge. Just have to WATCH closely. Pressures seem on the mild side and it shoots really nicely. For those reasons, Prima V is my current favorite.

As far as True Blue and Sport Pistol are concerned, several of the guys around here advised me to stay with the faster burning powders. They are typically cleaner and the recoil impulse is a lot more manageable for quick shots. I went ahead and tried out those two (Sport Pistol and True Blue..) and found them to work OK. Nothing special. They are not as clean (IMO..), they don't meter as well, and they don't shoot as "soft". So I have put them aside and will use them if/when I NEED them or cannot get what I prefer. They may function better with heavier bullets or larger calibers...maybe.

The one powder I find myself having difficulty with is Bullseye. Understand, I am a Bullseye fan. I've used it literally for years in low power (reduced) loads and especially in .45 ACP and 38 Spec (PPC loads...). A lot of the guys around here swear by it, but I find it to be a little problematic for my type of loading. I want the best loads I can get to meet my parameters without pushing the loading envelope too far. Bullseye seems to get to maximum (and above..) before you can reliably get to the minor floor. Is it safe..?? Well, probably yes... as long as you exercise good judgement and restraint. One thing for certain, Bullseye loads shoot very softly.!! It's fast and clean and shoots soft. It does NOT bulk up very much in the case though, which means you have to stay VERY observant as you load. That, along with the tendency to ride along at or just above recommended maximum, puts Bullseye on my list of powders that I won't typically use for 9mm minor.... (In MY guns, with MY techniques, shot over MY chronos...).

So, hope that is helpful.  True Blue.?? Its fine. Not great. Same for Sport Pistol.... There are better choices.  Really.

On 12/12/2017 at 6:45 AM, hobbit99 said:

Just now saw this... Sorry. Should have responded sooner.

A quick answer that probably won't tell you much....  I think there are a lot of powders that CAN be used, but fewer that SHOULD be used... depending on what you are trying to accomplish. I found both True Blue and Sport Pistol to be acceptable for general use. However, there are better powders out there for 9mm especially if you are trying to stay above but close to the minor floor. I started reloading almost 50 years ago and gradually moved toward finding the BEST component parts for a particular load. So far, I have been able to stick to that methodology. HOWEVER... depending on what you are wanting to accomplish, how much time you have, how much energy you want to expend, and the size of your available cash resources... YOUR reasoning and methods may be a lot different than mine.

Having said that, if I were looking for one powder to stick with for 9mm minor AND if ease of loading, metering, and safety were my personal parameters... I would probably choose Win 231 (HP 38...), learn it, experiment with it, and stick with it. It is going to be hard to beat for a very good general use 9mm minor powder. Nothing meters better (IMHO..). It is relatively clean. It bulks up nicely making double charges almost impossible. And it stays below maximum pressure while making the floor.  If I wanted to choose a "better" powder to use for minor loads, I would choose Prima V. It's a little "faster" than 231 which shortens the recoil impulse a little. It is clean and meters very nicely. Overall, I think it is superior to Win 231, if only slightly. You have to stay observant because it doesn't bulk up as much which means there is room in the case for a double charge. Just have to WATCH closely. Pressures seem on the mild side and it shoots really nicely. For those reasons, Prima V is my current favorite.

As far as True Blue and Sport Pistol are concerned, several of the guys around here advised me to stay with the faster burning powders. They are typically cleaner and the recoil impulse is a lot more manageable for quick shots. I went ahead and tried out those two (Sport Pistol and True Blue..) and found them to work OK. Nothing special. They are not as clean (IMO..), they don't meter as well, and they don't shoot as "soft". So I have put them aside and will use them if/when I NEED them or cannot get what I prefer. They may function better with heavier bullets or larger calibers...maybe.

The one powder I find myself having difficulty with is Bullseye. Understand, I am a Bullseye fan. I've used it literally for years in low power (reduced) loads and especially in .45 ACP and 38 Spec (PPC loads...). A lot of the guys around here swear by it, but I find it to be a little problematic for my type of loading. I want the best loads I can get to meet my parameters without pushing the loading envelope too far. Bullseye seems to get to maximum (and above..) before you can reliably get to the minor floor. Is it safe..?? Well, probably yes... as long as you exercise good judgement and restraint. One thing for certain, Bullseye loads shoot very softly.!! It's fast and clean and shoots soft. It does NOT bulk up very much in the case though, which means you have to stay VERY observant as you load. That, along with the tendency to ride along at or just above recommended maximum, puts Bullseye on my list of powders that I won't typically use for 9mm minor.... (In MY guns, with MY techniques, shot over MY chronos...).

So, hope that is helpful.  True Blue.?? Its fine. Not great. Same for Sport Pistol.... There are better choices.  Really.

PLEASE NOTE:  In paragraph two above I mistakenly mixed up my density results with loads from a different page in my loading records. Prima V should not cause any issues with normal loads and double charging. You just need to stay observant as always when loading. My test cases held a little more than 6.5 grains of Prima V at full capacity. So loading from 3 to 4 grains should fill the case half way or somewhat fuller. If you are loading 154s or reduced loads around 2.5 -3.0 grains, then it would be POSSIBLE to get a double charge into a case, but it would be really full and significantly different. As long as you are observant there should be no issues.

I apologize for the error... my load book has the right information, I apparently couldn't see what page I was on.... SMH....... AND, I have now discovered it is not possible to edit my posts.  (What's up with that..??)

I think you should consider Titegroup as a powder.  It's relatively inexpensive, readily available, accurate, it meters well in a Dillon press and has a crap load of data available.

As far as bullets go, if you're going to run plated, you might want to consider Everglades Ammo or Rocky Mountain Reloading.  they are both cheaper than Berry's.  If you decide to go with coated, Bayou bullets gets my nod.

My 9mm load for pistol and PCC in USPSA is Titegroup and either Everglades 147gr or Rocky Mountain 147gr plated.

Thank you for your service!