Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SSS ESP Magwells

DementedAntics

I have no affiliation or connection to either springer precision or SSS, but I have been searching and waiting for black ESP magwells for a while and found them in stock. Figured I'd share the link below for anyone else who may have been looking as well. ? 

https://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=350&categoryId=25

Maybe, I've never really paid attention.  I wanted the steel since it is heavier and it would add more weight to the bottom of my gun. I take the magwell off for production, and I have noticed that it swings around with the magwell on 

You'll need some baseplate with the SSS magwell for the mags to seat. SSS or Springer make some, that work well with it. I have the SSS ones. I'm sure other companies make some that work as well

On 6/10/2017 at 11:49 PM, kgorbo said:

You'll need some baseplate with the SSS magwell for the mags to seat. SSS or Springer make some, that work well with it. I have the SSS ones. I'm sure other companies make some that work as well

I also thought the same and had not seen or heard anyone modify stock baseplates. I decided that since they are cheap and readily available I would try myself. I dremneled and buffed the stock base plate to roughly the same size footprint of the aftermarket offerings and they work great. Are they colored and fancy no, do they look perfect? No. But they function well and they were free to mod until I do pony up for baseplates down the road. They aren't easy to strip of you need to in a flash because they are recessed and don't protrude from baseplate.  Just letting people know you can run them and not drop $100 in stock capacity baseplates just to run a magwell, which is dumb coming from a glock platform where that's not an issue. Just my .02 YMMV.  ?

Tldr;

Pros:

free mod

stock like reliability

cons:

not pretty

no extra capacity

difficult to strip out mag due to stock length

Edited by DementedAntics
Spelling and words

If you are making the stock base pads work be careful not to take off too much material or they won't have enough bite on the mag and your mag will volcano all the rounds out

Edited by kgorbo

• 3 weeks later...