Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Carry Opics Question

rocket99

On 5/23/2017 at 6:21 PM, rocket99 said:

I just fondled a new P320 X5 at a gun shop and I loved it!!!!    Are their parts available to mount a Vortex red dot to it yet?

Springer Precision has adapter plates being finished now. Maybe a week or so left to wait. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a RTS2 with Springer adaptor plate on mine.  The adaptor plate fills the gap the rear sight left and the top of the plate is flush with the top of the slide.  The optic then sits on top of that.  So it basically sits the thickness of the adaptor plate higher than the Romeo 1 would.  I can measure tonight but if I had to guess the adaptor plate is 1/8" tall/thick.

2 hours ago, s2000red said:

I have a RTS2 with Springer adaptor plate on mine.  The adaptor plate fills the gap the rear sight left and the top of the plate is flush with the top of the slide.  The optic then sits on top of that.  So it basically sits the thickness of the adaptor plate higher than the Romeo 1 would.  I can measure tonight but if I had to guess the adaptor plate is 1/8" tall/thick.

Thanks for the description!

Ck867, I apologize but I lied to you.  I got home and looked at it and the adaptor plate sticks up slightly above the level of the top of the slide, about 0.09".  The adaptor plate measures 0.150" in thickness, so this is how much higher it would sit versus a Romeo 1.  Sorry for the wrong information.

5 hours ago, Ck867 said:

Thanks for the description!

• 5 months later...

Not trying to hijack an old thread, but the title is perfect.

For carry optics, do you prefer to shoot with the front sight or without?

I find myself using both and I'm not sure that's a good thing.....!! lol!

The Romeo 1 has a rear notch that can sort of act as a rear sight.  At least you could use the sights in the very rare event that your optic's battery goes out during the stage.

@psyops The whole benefit of the red dot is that you never have to change your focus point from the target to the front sight.  With enough repetitions (through dry fire or live), you will eventually no longer need the front sight.  IMO, for competition your goal should be to get away from referencing your front sight to find the dot.

Edited by CHLChris

12 hours ago, CHLChris said:

The Romeo 1 has a rear notch that can sort of act as a rear sight.  At least you could use the sights in the very rare event that your optic's battery goes out during the stage.

@psyops The whole benefit of the red dot is that you never have to change your focus point from the target to the front sight.  With enough repetitions (through dry fire or live), you will eventually no longer need the front sight.  IMO, for competition your goal should be to get away from referencing your front sight to find the dot.

Thanks....and you're absolutely correct. Get those training wheels off the bike. Thanks for the advice!

• 2 weeks later...