Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problems Setting up new Nook ST

kamikaze1a

I'm trying to help someone root their new Nook ST to install Practiscore. I setup my Nook and a backup last year but can't get RASI to install on this Nook. 

I started with his micro SD card with un-zipped RASI installed but it would just turn on and not install. Tried my SD card that I used previously to setup two Nooks but the new Nook just turns on and won't install. 

What step am I missing?

There are different rooting packages for the different versions of Nook OS software. compare the Nook OS software version that is on one of your successfully Rooted Nooks and the new one you are trying to root. If they are at different versions you will probably need a new version of rooting software to get it done.

The new nook is 1.2.1 but both of my rooted nooks say "software version unavailable".

Isn't it supposed to install with the sd card inserted? I don't think I had to press any buttons while it powered up. I just downloaded RASI and then unzipped RASI, then powered up and RASI did the rest...

I have not used the RASI root software myself. I am using a different rooting software. But I do know that the rooting software I am using is different depending on the nook software version used.

I would suggest that you do some digging to see if the RASI rooting image is compatible with the 1.2.1 Nook software.

Its fairly easy, you put the rooting SD Card in, boot it up and it will root the Nook. But after that is done you usually have to make a bunch of rooted OS modifications to "Monkey Proof" the nook so shooters can't get it all wrapped around the axle during a match if they are screwing around with it.

• 3 weeks later...