Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using Mark 7 to size bullets :)

Just received the Mark 7 650 and figured out a way to size bullets with it :). It's a little slower than doing it by hand but requires no effort. Has worked flawless with slightly lubed bullets and a clutch setting of 5. Occasionally I get an upside down feed from the Mr. bullet feeder but thats an adjustment error on my part. In order to make it work I filled 5 cases with soft lead making sure not to fill the primer pockets. Because the brass gets slightly "sized" by feeding into the lee bullet sizer it's not wide enough to activate the bullet drop alone. To fix this I added the yellow string in the video to assist the lift of the bullet feeder which drops the bullet. That portion has worked flawless only dropping the required 1 bullet at a time. I've learned a lot from this forums so I thought I would share a little something back. 

Edited by doublej

I'll also add that the Mark 7 is an amazing machine!!! and customer service is second to none. When the unit initially shipped it had a faulty motor due to a damaged USB cable. That same day they sent a replacement 2 day priority with instructions on how to replace it. I can't say enough about how smooth everything is. 

How are you pushing up through the sizing die?  

The cases are filled with lead to a point, creating 5 pillars to push the cases through. Ejection wire removed and case feed removed as well from what I can tell to allow the lead-filled cases to stay on the shell plate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On May 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM, doublej said:

Yeah I was using the bullet feeder with the star but it wasn't 100% reliable 

Did your collator mod allow base down bullets sometimes or was the problem elsewhere?

From your video it looks like the base down bullet is culled by how fast it passes the chute and if the tube was full and the motor stopped with a base down bullet at that point it would fall out instead of riding over.

On 5/27/2017 at 6:20 AM, michael.flitcraft said:

The cases are filled with lead to a point, creating 5 pillars to push the cases through. Ejection wire removed and case feed removed as well from what I can tell to allow the lead-filled cases to stay on the shell plate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DOH!   

Awesome.  That is simplicity/genius.  I am definitely going to be stealing your invention when it comes time to do my next sizing run.

• 3 weeks later...