Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

13 DQ At Single Stack Nationals?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On an unrelated note, how does an unclassified shooter place in the top 10?

Being factious of course but I noticed 2-3 in the top 20, impressive that someone can change classes and place in the top of the best like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Mountbkr said:

If I remember correctly Browning is on the AMU (edit from Marine Corps)  team. He shoots mostly 3 Gun and major matches. Likely hasn't done enough club matches in single stack to get classified. 

Edited by alma

If I remember correctly Browning is on the Marine Corps team. He shoots mostly 3 Gun and major matches. Likely hasn't done enough club matches in single stack to get classified. 

Yeah I edited my original post as I'm sure they've just changed classes, impressive results

If I remember correctly Browning is on the Marine Corps team. He shoots mostly 3 Gun and major matches. Likely hasn't done enough club matches in single stack to get classified. 

Browning is AMU.

I shot the match on Saturday.  I didn't feel like there were any real bad 180 traps.  There were spots where you had to pay attention running up range or changing mags running right to left...typical stuff people ought to be used to dealing with. 

9 minutes ago, TeedOff said:

I shot the match on Saturday.  I didn't feel like there were any real bad 180 traps.  There were spots where you had to pay attention running up range or changing mags running right to left...typical stuff people ought to be used to dealing with. 

This is more what I was looking for with this thread. Looks like 17 total for the match.

There were a couple of very tight openings that you head to squeeze through and I'd imagine several people struggled there. El pres even went to the DQ on the revolver side. 

On 5/21/2017 at 8:11 AM, Mountbkr said:

The real question is how did someone whose membership expired last December (Dec 2016) shoot both SS Nats, and Optics Nats?

1 minute ago, Thomas H said:

The real question is how did someone whose membership expired last December (Dec 2016) shoot both SS Nats, and Optics Nats?

interesting observation there.  Love to know who got away with that.

3 minutes ago, Edge40 said:

interesting observation there.  Love to know who got away with that.

Results are available at uspsa.org.  If a member has a classification of "X," their membership is expired--matter of fact, it has been expired long enough so that the database won't even put in the old classification.  (Which is also something that anyone can look up.)

We had about a dozen on stage 1.  Moving backwards and to the right around a wall while doing a reload.  If you were not paying attention it was pretty easy to break the 180 at the corner.

Jon

Not sure the 16/17 DQs statistic is accurate. One shooter on our squad had his safety off when he put the pistol down on the table for Stage 12. We saw the AD on unload at the Standards stage for the squad ahead of us.

We also had one shooter DQ for a 180 on reload on Stage 1 as Jon described.

1 hour ago, Thomas H said:

Thought the same thing. 

12 minutes ago, Mhall said:

Thought the same thing. 

Little miffed by that, actually, since he was five people ahead of me for the prize table at Optics Nats, and picked up something.

Note:  I like the guy.  I'm pretty sure that he simply forgot, and hasn't been reminded.  I'm not upset with him.  I have no doubts that he'll fix it the minute he notices, and would have already had he known about it.

What I DON'T get is how two different USPSA Nationals staff missed the fact that one competitor wasn't a member.

5 minutes ago, Thomas H said:

Little miffed by that, actually, since he was five people ahead of me for the prize table at Optics Nats, and picked up something.

Note:  I like the guy.  I'm pretty sure that he simply forgot, and hasn't been reminded.  I'm not upset with him.  I have no doubts that he'll fix it the minute he notices, and would have already had he known about it.

What I DON'T get is how two different USPSA Nationals staff missed the fact that one competitor wasn't a member.

Feel the same way. 

Its been said that you MUST be a member (one would assume current member) to shoot level 2 or higher.