Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What optic is everyone using for Carry Optics?

jripper

I've been shooting carry optics using a Burris FF3 8 moa dot, but I'm looking for a larger window.  What is everyone using?  What one has the largest field of view?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The delta point, rts2, and romeo3 are the largest on the market with +/- the same window size...
If you search some threads on here, you'll see people loving and hating on each of them...

What kept me out of carry optics: not finding a dovetail mount for tanfoglio with any of those 3 optics. I tried with an rmr, and like you, found it too small to have fun with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, bigbob21 said:

The delta point, rts2, and romeo3 are the largest on the market with +/- the same window size...
If you search some threads on here, you'll see people loving and hating on each of them...

What kept me out of carry optics: not finding a dovetail mount for tanfoglio with any of those 3 optics. I tried with an rmr, and like you, found it too small to have fun with.

Check Primary Machine for a mount. The Deltapoint & Jpoint use the same mount. 

Check Primary Machine for a mount. The Deltapoint & Jpoint use the same mount. 

I bought their first run rmr mount... was kinda turned off with CO. I had an rmr and wasn't sure if I should order A DP and give it another go.
They did do a limited run of mounts for DP but I missed out. Ended up ordering an open gun, lol...
And it's coming with a DP.

Cabelas has the Viper on sale for $179, but I think it's in-store only. Last week was first responder week, badges got 10% off the entire store. Picked up one for $162. 

I use a Viper, I got it from CameralandNY when they were the first to do the $179 price. For cabela's do the following:

- Acquire $20 off $150 from someone (or yourself), all you need is a receipt and fill out the survey at the bottom

- Go to Raise.com and buy cabela's gift cards for around 12% off

- Buy Viper for approximately $155 with your awesome discounts

I do this for ammo all the time, I get 9mm brass for like $0.16-17 round.

Up until recently I use FF3s in 8 MOA for everything.  They are inexpensive, reliable and have a lifetime warranty.  I recently went two a pair of RTS2v4s 6 MOA for my steel guns and prefer them over the FF3.  The class is larger and more contrasty, and the dot can be made brighter that the FF3.  That was my problem on really bright days.  I also have a DeltaPoint Pro and like it.  I prefer the operation to the RTS2, and the dot is brighter.  However, the glass is smaller and I don't like that.

I will note that with all C-More products you really have to watch the batteries.  With the RTS2 the dot can, and will, go out on you in the middle of a stage if you let the battery get below 2.8V.  And it does that without giving you the flash/flash/flash low battery warning.

I just put together a CO rig that I am pretty happy with.  I went with a G17 MOS and a vortex razor 6 MOS.  I really like it so far.

Not a big deal for me since it will be a dedicated gaming gun but the biggest negative to the razor IMO is the locking screw location which is at the rear of the sight near the bottom.  I had to completely remove the rear factory iron sight to be able to use it.  I am not sure you could use a rear sight and still be able to access the screw because of the clearance.

On 5/20/2017 at 5:56 AM, TobyJ said:

I'm running the 6moa viper and love it. Put it on my g34 MOS to use while my rmr was being repaired, and now it's not coming off. Love the bigger window. 

TobyJ

Well, the viper ended up coming off after all, and the rmr is back on.

Couple weeks ago, at a local steel shoot, I lost the dot...had to finish the stage ghost ring style. 

Ends up the glass was gone. Didn't find it, so don't know if it fell out or broke. That night I was having trouble hitting the plates, so I'm thinking it might have started out loose. 

Sent it off to Vortex, and got tracking that something is on its way back to me...im guessing a new viper. Will be right at 2 weeks, and vortex paid shipping both ways. I can't complain about the service, but I also don't feel a big rush to get it back on the gun.

I think that my early experience in being able to pick up the viper dot easier than that of the rmr was mainly my inexperience. I didn't have any issues with the rmr this week. 

TobyJ