Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag pouches with running a Glock?

Still new to Multigun and my next step is setting up a rig. Pistol and AR mag pouches are the next most important gear for me. 

I'm shooting a Glock 19. And I'm a skinny guy. About a 33 inch waist (less real estate to work with). What recommendations do y'all have?

Brand? Single vs. double. Is one more comfortable/lighter/adaptable for a small waist?

And I already have a Velcro under belt. I'm thinking about just starting out with gear that will latch on to that and maybe upgrading to a safariland ELS belt system further down the road. I borrowed a buddies bladetech double mag pouch and liked it good enough. But I'm thinking 3 mag pouches would be better. Don't have a shotgun yet so I'm shooting 2 gun which means a lot more pistol shooting. 

16 minutes ago, funstuff1415 said:

Im in Texas. Anything goes haha

In that case, 2 pistol mags (load the first from your pocket), 2 ar mags (1 in the gun), holster and 3 shotgun racks.  That gives you one extra mag for just in case.  I really would suggest the ELS system.  It's expensive but worth it.  I have a 34 inch waist and there's left over room for 2 shotgun 4 shell carriers, in case the stage has slugs and buckshot.

No, the ELS system accepts most attachments directly, others with some minor modification.  I run Safariland 771's for the Glock, Bladetech holster and AR mag pouchs, Taccom shotshell racks and Safariland 4 shotshell carriers.  Only thing that didn't quite fit was the ALS carrier for the holster.

• 2 months later...