Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5

BillR1

How much can you take advantage of the P320's modularity and still remain in SSP? For example, the X5 has been deemed legal in SSP. (without the magwell and grip weight). Could I use that grip module with a standard P320 FS slide? There's nothing that would make it technically against SSP rules, but changing slides is not specifically allowed. Changing frames seems to be allowed on a Glock 17/22, but the X5 grip module  is not "identical" to the standard P320 grip.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was at a Sig demo at the local range/store Saturday.  They had a "bear box" with an assortment of grip frames and uppers, with one trigger group.  Assemble and shoot your combination.  But X5 slide + regular grip still sounds ESP to me.  They don't sell that combination as such, do they?

There was a lot of hu hu over that weight, I don't remember how it ended up. 

Hi Jim, Thanks for responding. No, that combo. is not soled as far as I know.  I purchased the X5, which I like however the med. sized grip module is to small for me.  I purchased a large standard grip module and really like the way it fits in my hands. I'm also wondering it Sig is going to come out with a large X5 grip module.  - Thanks  -Destry

23 hours ago, Destry said:

I am using an X5 slide with a regular  P320 grip module.  Is this legal for SSP and/or ESP? Also, when I shoot the X5 grip do I need to take the mag well AND the grip weight out to be SSP legal. Thank -Destry

With the X5 grip, you can leave the weight in and still be SSP-legal. IDPA sent out a press release on this.