Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rusted Double Texas Star

gerritm

Shooting a 3-gun match and I am the first shooter of the day on this stage in the morning with the double Texas Star. Pistol targets start off then transition to shotgun to shoot clays, steel, and then move to this star. 12 yards away shooting my open T&N built MKA 1919 with 24 round mag, IC choke, 7.5 AA 1145fps. Now I have shot many of these and know how to shoot them and the sequence.

No problem, right. I got this. Hit the top right, it falls and start working my way down and am hitting them solid, arms on star are not moving, can see the pattern on the plates even the wad bouncing off and they are not moving. Shot at least 10 extra rounds to finally get them all to fall. Checked after we cleared the guns, the springs and plates were rusted solid to the arms. RO said I loosened it up for the rest of the squad. My guess it has been sitting there for awhile.

gerritm

No, I didn't ask for a reshoot, I should have. Actually to top it all of had a problem with my shotgun. Figured it would just be a lesson in frustration. My son was next shooter up with his Benelli M2, saw my struggle and put a Mod choke in and cleaned it with no problem. I guess I did loosen it up.

gerritm