Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been not happy with the Chaos or wishing they would have brought something else. Just wanted to know as I'm about to order a gun I never held, as no one where I shoot has a Chaos or a Atlas gun. 

50 minutes ago, Steelix said:

Has anyone been not happy with the Chaos or wishing they would have brought something else. Just wanted to know as I'm about to order a gun I never held, as no one where I shoot has a Chaos or a Atlas gun. 

I was in the same situation as you, never held or shot an Atlas gun. All i had to go one was pictures on line and a few conversations with Robert King of Red Hill Tactical. 

I was not disappointed and I'm still very happy with the gun.

Very nice looking gun, it looks like they are using some quality parts and their finish work is getting better.  The slide cuts look clean and symmetrical, the only thing that gets me about them is the two port comps.  How ever that being said they seem to work very well have a couple of people out here shooting them very well.

Ya'lls testimonies are pretty outspoken on the quality; 3k with no jams and minor field cleaning... that's insane.  AND it was a new gun.

I can't even remember ever seeing firsthand or hearing about any Open gun that reliable, or even close.  I'm sure this is not just my opinion.

I've been seeing his work online and hearing it from Limited shooters.  I always thought of another builder if I ever got a 2011, but now I'll have to seriously consider Atlas.  Thanks, ya'll!

9 hours ago, blueorison said:

Ya'lls testimonies are pretty outspoken on the quality; 3k with no jams and minor field cleaning... that's insane.  AND it was a new gun.

I can't even remember ever seeing firsthand or hearing about any Open gun that reliable, or even close.  I'm sure this is not just my opinion.

I've been seeing his work online and hearing it from Limited shooters.  I always thought of another builder if I ever got a 2011, but now I'll have to seriously consider Atlas.  Thanks, ya'll!

this means that gunsmith  did a great job for u, and if u extend his work please clean handgun after each training  session .;)

1 minute ago, yigal said:

this means that gunsmith  did a great job for u, and if u extend his work please clean handgun after each training  session .;)

I wipe it down but there is no need to strip and clean a gun after every session...

25 minutes ago, grantwoodok said:

I wipe it down but there is no need to strip and clean a gun after every session...

Actually there is a huge reason to. It is best to strip it down and review internal part for proper fit. Most fitting issues happen in the first few thousand rounds. Its a good way to catch something before it gets really bad.

1 minute ago, Maximis228 said:

Actually there is a huge reason to. It is best to strip it down and review internal part for proper fit. Most fitting issues happen in the first few thousand rounds. Its a good way to catch something before it gets really bad.

+1;)

Hm... I've not seen a handgun barrel have corrosion, ever.  I think you're leaning more on the side of the corrosive primers... technically many things can cause corrosion in the gun.

Most of the time, cleaning will arrive before any corrosion happens, so I think the point is null.

For most, anyway.  I really don't ever clean my guns... ever.  Till they get disgusting.  But I don't have a 3-5k$ gun.

1 hour ago, blueorison said:

Hm... I've not seen a handgun barrel have corrosion, ever.  I think you're leaning more on the side of the corrosive primers... technically many things can cause corrosion in the gun.

Most of the time, cleaning will arrive before any corrosion happens, so I think the point is null.

For most, anyway.  I really don't ever clean my guns... ever.  Till they get disgusting.  But I don't have a 3-5k$ gun.

most came from primers .and in my country we use only factory ammo (not the best:lol:) and we don't have chance to choose what we want .

so we clean ours guns, even they low cost  guns. ;)

22 hours ago, yigal said:

most came from primers .and in my country we use only factory ammo (not the best:lol:) and we don't have chance to choose what we want .

so we clean ours guns, even they low cost  guns. ;)

That makes a lot of sense.  I figured you were from an Eastern bloc country with corrosive primers.

:)

On 10/23/2017 at 2:55 PM, Gman57 said:

Been using 7.0gr WAC @ 1.163 oal, 124 MG-jp 1397 fps coming in at  173pf .This has been very consistent

PF1.png

Atlas012.2.jpg

What is your oal? It looks like 1.63 or more like the chrono pic indicates, but our post says 1.163 oal

Perhaps a silly question.......could you start out shooting. 9mm Chaos with Titan loads.???.......that would be minor 147 BB...1.165”.

Trying really hard to convince myself to order a Chaos........but it’s big bucks and I got a lot tied up in my Titan.....gear, reloads, mags ..etc.

Will any of my current stuff be usable in open?

Thanks.......hope this makes sense!!

With the holes, it may not cycle minor unless you put a lighter spring in it. The gun should be very very soft and most likely very flat as well.

However, since you are already reloading, it wouldn't be difficult to order a jug of slow powder (HS6, Silh, AA7, etc) and a case of light bullets and just load major. Load in batches for either gun, then just reset the dies when you want to switch.