Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oops. Springs are important.

ski_dog

I recently put together a 10.5" 9mm AR, and it shot incredibly well. A couple of days before my first match with this short fun gun, I pulled it apart to lube it up. Evidently, and unbeknownst to me, the firing pin spring took off when I pulled the bolt to lube it up. When I reassembled it, I put everything back together...except I had never had a blowback AR apart before so I didn't know there was supposed to be a spring on the firing pin. I didn't test fire the gun before the match, and stage 1 turned into a cluster. Oh the value of a $2 spring! When I figured out what was wrong, it was a quick fix. Sadly that didn't remove the FTE penalties from my score. Beware...blowback AR's require a spring that has guns don't!.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The spring got me to .went to the range got everything sighted in and trigger adjusted, went home pulled Bcg apart cleaned and lubed everything...and of course did not notice the spring fell on the floor, did not even realize there was a spring. Next morning went to my first 2 gun match and first shot no problem follow up shot nothing next 5 nothing. Thinking maybe my trigger might have been the issue so I hurry and take everything apart in between stages , pull the Bcg thinking maybe the firing pin broke .. nope. So I decided just to shot the match with my pistol and take the penalties.