Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Live fire training with out a lot of room

champ198

Was thinking about this today after my shoot today that I stunk it up on. I need more practice badly. I love inside my city limits so I can't shoot at home other than dry fire drills. My mother's house is out in the country has a small patch of ground but with only one decent area to where I can shoot with a good backstop(old building of ours that isn't used)

What would be some decent live fire drills I can do to have some good practice sessions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, champ198 said:

What would be some decent live fire drills I can do to have some good practice sessions

Try to identify YOUR current weakness(es) and work on them ...

Weak hand, for sure.

SHO should be on there ...

Bill Drill.

El Presidente.

Draw from holster and fire 2 shots - time draw and 2nd shot.

Good luck   :) 

19 hours ago, champ198 said:

My mother's house is out in the country has a small patch of ground but with only one decent area to where I can shoot with a good backstop(old building of ours that isn't used)

Are you sure you want to use an old building as a backstop?  How far behind that is the nearest neighbor?

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest thing I practice with limited space is distance and speed. I try to spend at least 100 rounds working on becoming more accurate and faster at distances (25-35 yards). The more you do that, the more you'll learn to call your shots. Two targets,  draw, two rounds each. Call your misses, count the rounds on paper after each mag. 

I also throw in Bill drills, and do what I can with target acquisition (moving between targets) even ifthey're not very far apart,  or put them at different distances. Work the basics,  you don't always need to be running and shooting side to side. 

Edited by sstephns