Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Romeo1 for X5?

chopinlover

Got a whole bunch of screws in today.  

Both 5/16 and 3/8 will work. The 3/8 is VERY close to bottoming out.  

If anyone needs screws, message me. Ive got a ton...  just gimme a few bucks and Ill send out in a USPS envelope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Please forgive the thread resurrection, but I want to mention that the Romeo-1 configured PN SOR11000 does indeed come with the correct mounting screws to interface with the P320 X-Five.  

I have found that two separate SIG CS representatives in the optics department appear not to know this fact (but were very willing to send the proper screws "once I acquired the sight").  

I took a bit of a chance and ordered this specific configuration (no mount) even though the CR rep recommended the MIL-STD-1913 rail version.

That question never seemed to get properly answered on this thread, and it's one of the top threads that comes up in a search, so it might be useful to know for future users- if you want to put a Romeo-1 on a P320 X-Five, go with part number SOR11000.

IMG_1608.jpg

4 hours ago, racerwong said:

Archer, can you measure?

Sorry for the oversight. Here's what I posted to the SIG forum on this subject.

Romeo-1 on a P320 X-Five

My Romeo-1 arrived today- previous threads and other information led me to believe that it would not come with the correct screws for the X-Five dovetail, but it turns out that it does indeed have them.  

PN SOR11000, which is the type that has no mount included.

The screw threads measure ~0.322" and protrude 0.128" from the bottom of the optic into the slide.

It's noteworthy that the dot cowitnesses nicely with the standard installed Dawson fiberoptic front post, which is usable with the Romeo rear slot.  Nice to have a backup.

Edited by Archer

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a Romeo1 from opticsplanet, and then bought a set of $5 screws that Springer Precision offers, specifically to attach a Romeo1 to an X5.  I ordered at the same time, assuming that the optic wouldn't come with screws.  They'll just be spares if the box has proper screws...

@Archer You talked about cowitnessing.  I've seen the rear dovetail/sight type groove the Romeo1 has.  The question I have is whether the height of the factory front sight actually works as a POA/POI with the rear "sight" of the Romeo1.

Edited by CHLChris

On 11/13/2017 at 9:55 PM, CHLChris said:

I just ordered a Romeo1 from opticsplanet, and then bought a set of $5 screws that Springer Precision offers, specifically to attach a Romeo1 to an X5.  I ordered at the same time, assuming that the optic wouldn't come with screws.  They'll just be spares if the box has proper screws...

@Archer You talked about cowitnessing.  I've seen the rear dovetail/sight type groove the Romeo1 has.  The question I have is whether the height of the factory front sight actually works as a POA/POI with the rear "sight" of the Romeo1.

It does, out to 25 meters, though it is fairly low in the groove.  Good enough to save a match should something happen to the Romeo in the middle of a stage.

Edited by Archer

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, CHLChris said:

Did anybody on this thread end up buying the picatinny mount version?  And then not end up ever using the mount?  I'd be willing to buy it...

I have one ...  make fair offer and it's yours!

• 10 months later...

man I wish i had read this thread before I bought the wrong Romeo 1 kit. Even though I bought the X5 and Romeo1 together the gun store clerk (nor I ) realized I'd be stranded by lack of a couple screws. Why the heck didn't sig include them with the X5? Anyway, off to find the damn screws and put the plate back on for now.

14 minutes ago, Revofan said:

I hear the 6moa version is brighter then 3moa ???

im thinking of buying a 6 

anyone know for sure ?

6moa is a great sight, super bright I've yet to have to run it at the top setting.

sold the 3moa.

6 is like a whole different sight.

buy the 6moa it's impressive

On 12/10/2018 at 7:16 AM, Revofan said:

I hear the 6moa version is brighter then 3moa ???

im thinking of buying a 6 

anyone know for sure ?

the 6 MOA is so bright that it leaves a spot on my eye at full brightness. I typically have to use it 2-3 settings down. Its easily 50% brighter than a DPP

2 hours ago, Archer said:

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere, the 6 MOA is actually too bright for indoor or low light use.  There is no setting available that is workable in average room lighting.

I believe that is up to your eyes, not a blanket statement.

The ones I have seem to adjust for MY EYES down low just fine for average room lighting and also what I'll call closed business lighting!  i.e. where there is only subtle ambient lighting to get around the building but not really see anything.  Lowest and next up work fine for my eyes, YMMV!

The setting on my 6 MOA at three up from bottom is as bright as the 3 MOA at max while the lowest two are similar to the lowest available on the 3 MOA.  Using a white light washes those two settings completely out.  The sight is fine in full sunlight, but inside a shoot house, not so much.  I’ve relegated the 6 to one of my two X5’s with the other using a 3.  My X-Carry’s are also set up with 3 MOA’s. 

Edited by Archer

I notice that my 6 MOA Romeo1 jumps from being "too dim" to "too bright" in one click as well. I am not sure where I am in the sequence, but it is a pretty drastic jump in brightness.

I can shoot OK indoors at the dim setting, but I would prefer it a bit brighter, just not as bright as the next step up, which is blinding!