Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

45ACP / 45GAP dies

Bones2586

Good day all -

Looking to pick up a set of 45 dies, to load both ACP and GAP rounds.  With the 45GAP being shot out of a Glock 37, concerned about the "Glock Bulge", and getting one set of dies that will be best for both specific calibers.  Have had some issues with reusing Glock fired cases when reloading .40SW, roughly 1 out of 10 cases not falling right in the EGW Chamber Checker I use, so would like to minimize the number or "do-overs". 

Thoughts/suggestions on a particular brand that has worked best for you?  Thanks much!  Cheers -

Tim 

I used to have a G37. I never ran into "Glocked" brass in that caliber. 45GAP is only like 23k max PSI, compared to the 37.5k of 40SW and 10mm. I do push through sizing on all of my 10mm and 40SW brass.

I used Dillon dies (which I still use in 45ACP). 

Titegroup worked pretty well for me in 45GAP, with 185gr and 200gr. I never tried 230gr bullets.

Edited by thormx538

Also, just a heads up, rangebrass.us is a pretty reliable source for 45GAP brass. You can also try Paul at K&D (http://www.kdcartridgeandsupply.com/) but I remember him telling me about a year ago that he believed his source was drying up, because that department was getting rid of their G37s.

Ultimately, that's the only reason I got rid of mine, I got sick of having to chase brass everywhere.

I always liked the caliber and I think it does .45 better than .45ACP does, but the world is so entrenched in 45ACP (and understandably so) that it was never going to catch on in the mainstream.

Thanks again thormx!  I've been collecting the brass for a couple years now, as have a local department that I work with.  Agree with you that the world loves it's 45ACP (have several items in this caliber as well and love them!)