Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
warpspeed

Replacement Glass Hoppers

Thanks to BE for this space to sell my wares.

Last year, I went to my reloading press to load some more ammo and noticed that the powder hopper had become so discolored I could not tell if there was any powder in it. It turns out that the powder I had in the hopper had not only discolored the plastic but also etched way at the inside. That wasn't good. There had to be a solution. During my college years I spent many hours in the chemistry lab and thought perhaps there was a way to make a hopper out of Pyrex. My search led me to someone else making them for the shotgun shell machines but not for the Dillon. So I figured I'd make one myself  and so the replacement hoppers were born.

2DSC_010_zpsveopsgg8.jpg

I found out that many of the modern smokeless powders are more corrosive than the older ones. Powders like TiteGroup, Winchester Super Handicap and IMR 700x will attack the reservoir if left in and eventuality discolor and erode the plastic tube. Even those powders that aren't corrosive will still discolor if left in for extended periods of time. Pyrex is the same material used in laboratories and is not affected. The hopper will remain clear not only enabling you to see whats going on but also makes the machine look better.

Several people who have tested it have indicated it cuts way down on the static electricity issues as well.

The Dillon version comes complete with lid & baffle. Installation is easy - just remove the two screws holding the existing hopper and replace with the new one.

I sell 3 sizes ; OEM equal volume, medium and large. The large one is 8" taller than the original one or 15" overall.

asizes_zpso1dr5fhp.jpg

The medium one for the Super 1050 & RL1050 and provides 30% more powder. The large add 60% and are great for large powder throws.

All are $40 each regardless of size.

I also make these for the Hornady Lock n Load powder measure. They are $40 each too. The existing cap works perfect or you can add the aluminum cap for $5 more.

Click on the banner to go to my website to order via PayPal. 

Thanks

Edited by warpspeed

Welcome to the vendor tent. Best of luck with the hoppers. Nice to see a long time member setting up shop. :cheers:

Lazr111   

Add a link to the thread so people on tapatalk can get there. The banners don't show up on mobile devices.

Hello: I have been using these for about 4 months now and really like them. The glass stays clean and the powder does not pickup any static even on my Dillon SL900 shotgun loader. I have the smaller ones on my Dillon RL1050 and the large one on my SL900. If you are loading small batches the small size works great. If you are loading large batches or ammo that takes a lot of powder the largest one works best. If you are loading for an open pistol or smaller batches of rifle the medium one works very well. It is a great upgrade for your old gray/yellow Dillon hoppers. Thanks, Eric

I just ordered 2. Call me stupid for asking, but will this allow me to "safely" leave the powder in the hopper when I finish a reloading session. I know that the powders will discolor and eat at the plastic hoppers. Would humidity still be a concern? My press is located indoors, not in a garage.

I leave powder in all the time. I know others don't.   The cap has an O-ring so it will keep moisture out.  I would not worry about humidity.

I have had some Win Super Handicap in the hopper since last August and it is still 100 % clear. 

Awesome! That's great to hear. I look forward to swapping them out this weekend.

12 hours ago, warpspeed said:

I leave powder in all the time. I know others don't.   The cap has an O-ring so it will keep moisture out.  I would not worry about humidity.

I have had some Win Super Handicap in the hopper since last August and it is still 100 % clear.