Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Onepocket

Super Blake Drill

15 hours ago, Onepocket said:

Are .15 transitions all A's humanly   possible (repeatable) with iron sights. 

Yes, although it obviously depends on the distance we are talking about.

6 minutes ago, Onepocket said:

7 yard blake drill. 

Yes, .15 transitions to A's with irons are absolutely possible and repeatable at this distance. Further than 7 yards or 1 yard apart makes it a lot more difficult.

Anyone have a video with a 7 yard blake drill with .15 transitions I would love to see what that looks and sounds like. All Alphas.

Edited by Onepocket

TSDave   

I can do it all day with .18-.22 with production Glock,  but consistent .15  is cooking and would probably need to be open gun and a Harambe gorilla grip...or just a better shooter thanot myself lol.

ShortBus   
On 4/19/2017 at 6:20 PM, Onepocket said:

Anyone have a video with a 7 yard blake drill with .15 transitions I would love to see what that looks and sounds like. All Alphas.

I can do that minus the repeatable A's. Not sure of the exact distance on the Blake drill but my speed runs on el prez and .13-.16 transitions. They are all on paper though, can't do it all A's. 

benos   

I guess I am the only one that doesn't know what the Blake Drill is. :) 

Blake drill as I know it is a Bill drill (6 shots) across a three target array, spaced about a yard apart. Goal is to have splits across the transitions from T1 to T2 to T3 be the same as the splits from shot to shot on the Bill drill. Work fast transitions a cross an array.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Onepocket said:

Its not the splits,  its the .15 transitions that would be impossible to me.

Impossible is a damn strong word. Very difficult? Yes. Impossible? Hell no. Back when I first started shooting I thought 1 second reloads were impossible. Since then the fastest reload I've recorded in live fire is quite a bit faster than 1 second.. Impossible, within the realm of reason, is just something you create in your head.