Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match critics? Seems like it's all mental...

bsand

Well shot my forth carry optic match (7th uspsa match). Things did not go very well lol... From forgetting to reload when I had plenty of time/distance to do so. Then another stage i forgot to record, botched my table reload and had to come back to pick up my next magazine.

To leaving Mike's I could physically see on targets and taking them instead of reloading and firing two more rounds (did that stage 1&2, resulting in 2 Mike's each).

Then classifier as usual I screwed it up and hit a NS on first round (damn you double action!!).

Seems I do pretty decent when I'm 100% there mentally.

40/56 overall

8/10 division

9 Mike's

1 NS.

112 alpha

6 Bravo's

25 Charlie's

3 Delta's

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There's a lot that you can improve in there.  Biggest returns on the following.

1. Stop judging your shooting while you're shooting.  
  2. Shoot your speed.  I don't see the kind of control I usually see with that cadence.  
  3. Optimize your non-shooting time.  You came to a complete stop before reloading on nearly every stage.  That incurs the additional bonus of having to slide lock reload.    
  4. Don't make up Cs.

2 hours ago, sweatpants said:

There's a lot that you can improve in there.  Biggest returns on the following.

1. Stop judging your shooting while you're shooting.  
  2. Shoot your speed.  I don't see the kind of control I usually see with that cadence.  
  3. Optimize your non-shooting time.  You came to a complete stop before reloading on nearly every stage.  That incurs the additional bonus of having to slide lock reload.    
  4. Don't make up Cs.

1. I used to look for bullet holes as I shot targets. Im slowly starting to NOT watch for bullet holes, and calling my shots. Looking at Stage 1 video, I knew I messed up my stage plan and instead of doing something different I started to panic and got angry lol....

2.  I see what you mean, I watched a M shoot the same match (also carry optics) and well hes like a machine gun but the gun does not move at all. Compare that to my video, and well I'm like a drunk who's starting to dry up lol.  The one stage (stage 5) I actually did well on (3/10 for CO) I was slower but more fluid with my movements. Other than I should have reloaded when moving instead of engaging targets that I ended up having to re-engage after the reload (had an Alpha Mike, and Delta mike before make-ups). 

3. Yep, I totally caught me self not reloading at my designated spot, then realizing and basically panicking in my head and throwing away rest of my stage plan.

• 2 weeks later...