Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Patriot Defense grips

johnbu

I think Joe over at PD is just about ready to unleash the elves and start a production run. He's fix'n to send out sets for evaluation shortly.

I have high hopes of getting an evaluation started on a set of them pretty dang soon.  Will post up how they are. (After Joe ships them !)  lol.  poor guy is hopping around building parts for us like crazy.  Polymer grips,  aluminum grips, light weight guide rods,  gyroscopically stabilized 9 axis auto aiming ... oops!

That last one is not due out till 2018.  (joke)

The polymer version grips will have about the same low weight as the wood grips.  An important thing for  CO with a Stock 2!  The henning grips put me over 45 oz.  REALLY looking forward to a better solution than sanded wood grips with skate tape!

tmp_8738-IMG_8429-1353507850.jpg

For people with short fingers and small/medium hands, the top of the grip panels where it sticks out can be a problem when doing reloads, because they have to rotate the grip of the gun to reach the mag release.  

The rotation motion implies that sometime, especially when you have a very high grip, the trigger finger will be sliding on the edge of the part that sticks out, bleeding early on then callus later hopefully. 

I personally like the EGD design on that particular part of the grip panel, smooth and slim for easier sliding motion during the reload grip rotation.  I think the SSI scale has the same design on that particular part of the panel.

ed63b8897f406f9ad6215dd073a58136.jpg

Edited by JusticeOfToren

@JusticeOfToren you're correct. The scales are thin up too, as visible here on my gun:

IMG_2379.JPG.7349cf137b074eed751c048fab75a00c.JPG

That's my favorite thing about their profile: at the mag release pathway your thumb uses they're almost as thin as the bare frame.

If the Patriot grips don't come that way, mine are definitely feeling the kiss of the belt sander. 

Wont stop me from picking a set up, though!

19 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

For people with short fingers and small/medium hands, the top of the grip panels where it sticks out can be a problem when doing reloads, because they have to rotate the grip of the gun to reach the mag release.  

The rotation motion implies that sometime, especially when you have a very high grip, the trigger finger will be sliding on the edge of the part that sticks out, bleeding early on then callus later hopefully. 

I personally like the EGD design on that particular part of the grip panel, smooth and slim for easier sliding motion during the reload grip rotation.  I think the SSI scale has the same design on that particular part of the panel.

ed63b8897f406f9ad6215dd073a58136.jpg

That's not the palm swell version there buddy........ That's the thumb scallop based off the original wood grip profile....

The pics below show the palm swell version of our grips, which stay narrow up top. That's my wife's hand in the pic which she doesn't have very large hands and finds the grips extremely comfortable. Before these should would only run the Xtreme grips for the same reason you pointed out JOT... 

17883856_1828925050691026_8555987299527087802_n.jpg

17862606_10110255347947384_5295243211588485471_n.jpg

14 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@JusticeOfToren you're correct. The scales are thin up too, as visible here on my gun:

IMG_2379.JPG.7349cf137b074eed751c048fab75a00c.JPG

That's my favorite thing about their profile: at the mag release pathway your thumb uses they're almost as thin as the bare frame.

If the Patriot grips don't come that way, mine are definitely feeling the kiss of the belt sander. 

Wont stop me from picking a set up, though!

It's funny because that's the thing about them that made me use them for 5 minutes and take them off to sell. 

9 minutes ago, Ck867 said:

when are these being released?

We're still at least a month out on both the polymer version and aluminum version....... once again AT LEAST one month, we do however have a working model now that everyone seems to love once they handle them on a Tanfo. The key is getting everything moving towards production. 

2 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

We're still at least a month out on both the polymer version and aluminum version....... once again AT LEAST one month, we do however have a working model now that everyone seems to love once they handle them on a Tanfo. The key is getting everything moving towards production. 

Looking forward to trying a new option!

16 minutes ago, waktasz said:

It's funny because that's the thing about them that made me use them for 5 minutes and take them off to sell. 

Personally I couldn't stand having to flip the gun in my hand to punch the mag catch. 

You're the second M/GM I've heard say that about scales, though. The other one wanted meat where their weak palm sits. Up high.

...And then on the other hand, I know a couple equally skilled shooters who run the EGDs because they like the gun thin from top to bottom.

It's almost like humans come equipped with a wide variety of hand shapes.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

6 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

The pics below show the palm swell version of our grips, which stay narrow up top. That's my wife's hand in the pic which she doesn't have very large hands and finds the grips extremely comfortable. Before these should would only run the Xtreme grips for the same reason you pointed out JOT... 

17883856_1828925050691026_8555987299527087802_n.jpg

17862606_10110255347947384_5295243211588485471_n.jpg

These look perfect!

Is it possible to buy some prototypes from you? - I don't mind gaps or having to do some fitting myself :)