Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wilson Combat 1911 Magazine Well & IDPA

45 Raven

I own a full size 1911 made by Wilson Combat.  It is a 5" model and in 9mm caliber.  Currently, WC is installing one of their WC "Bulletproof" magazine wells (integral to the MS housing). Fitting of the well to the pistol is required.  Here is my question:

When the mag well is fitted and installed, will the pistol fir in the IDPA pistol box for ESP Division?  No other modifications or additions have been performed to the pistol.

Thanks!

Bet it will fit.  Adds a little weight, if your 9mm has the usual .580" barrel, and maybe a FLGR, you could be pushing the weight limit.

I saw a guy giving the SO and MD a piece of his mind, and determined to complain to Les Baer for selling him an overweight gun.  Not mentioning that he had accessorized it over the then 41 oz limit.

I had to use cheap plastic backed rubber grips instead of my preferred steel backed Pachmayrs to make weight in CDP because my FLG likes FLGRs.

ESP and CDP are both 43oz max weights

I have a S&A magwell on my 9mm Trojan. The S&A is a similar style to the wilson magwell but I can't say as to the actual added length. My 9mm STI Trojan fits the box but the full length guide rod had to come out and be replaced with a US GI style guide rod and spring plug. With a set of vz grips and a wilson mag, the gun comes in at 42.5oz

I have a similar style Fusion magwell that fits in the box fine. Might require some fitting around the grip safety.

Should fit. Like others said, weight is a bigger concern.

9mm 1911's have heavy barrels. A GI guide rod and spring plug will shave an ounce off the gun though. Magpul grips are super light too.

Use and like Wilson magazines, if the nine mags give you any problems remove two coils from the bottom of the magazine spring. I used them

in my Trojan but my friend shooting Wilson guns had to do the same to his mags.